Are politics creeping into school lunches? Area school leaders worried by latest proposals from the White HouseThe Trump Administration proposed new school lunch rules on Friday that would dismantle more Obama era guidelines, but some local school leaders wonder if the effort is serving up nutrition - or...
Council member: City commercials should reflect diversityStorm Lake United and the Iowa Lakes Corridor each gave presentations to the Storm Lake City Council this week. SLU leaders noted that 2019 marked the 10th anniversary year for the program, which was...
Movie-hater pleads not guilty to setting firesA Storm Lake man accused of arson incidents at the Vista 3 theater and the movie aisle of the Storm Lake Wal-Mart has pled not guilty in District Court to charges of arson, assault on a police...
- City to buy building for equipment (1/22/20)
- ICCC leaders freeze their own pay (1/22/20)
- Walker arrested following police standoff (1/22/20)
- Apparel boosts courtyard project (1/22/20)
- Gas prices down, SL pumps stable (1/22/20)
- King Blasts Pelosi’s handling of Articles of Impeachment (1/22/20)
- How cold is too cold? (1/22/20)
- Three BVRMC Fitness Specialists Now Certified in Cancer Exercise (1/22/20)
- Reynolds reveals budget plan for 2021 (1/22/20)
- The Segebart Report: The first week of the legislative session (1/22/20)
- Slow start, turnovers harm Alta-Aurelia boys in road lossROCKWELL CITY - A slow start put the Alta-Aurelia boys behind the eight-ball on Monday night in a game that originally set for last Friday before Mother Nature put a halt to that. The Warriors were unable to contain South Central Calhoun’s high scoring offense in a 76-56 setback...
- Third quarter run silences Warrior girls (1/22/20)
- Miscues cut the Raptor boys’ chances (1/22/20)
- RV girls seize control in second half for win (1/22/20)
- #2 N-F girls roll past St. Mary’s (1/22/20)
- Warriors and Rebels compete at TLC Wrestling Tournament (1/22/20)
- Raptors compete in final duals of the season (1/22/20)
Fern Crowley November 1, 1931 - January 14, 2020Fern Crowley, 88, of Storm Lake, died Tuesday morning, January 14, in Indiantown, Florida, with family by her side. Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Fratzke & Jensen Funeral Home...
Francis Carlson April 28, 1936 - January 14, 2019Francis “Fran” H. Carlson, age 83, of Alta, died Tuesday, January 14, at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Funeral services were Saturday, January 18, at 10:30 a.m. at the United...
Viola AllenMay 24, 1923 - January 15, 2020
MiscellaneousPickup Loads firewood - split, delivered, and sacked. $125 per load. Call 712-420-3016.
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: Inter nation H Tractor w/ loader - not running. $200. Call 712-420-3016.
Apartments for RentFree Utilities- 1 Bdrm Apt $475 Located Sac City, IA Pets OK. 712-660-7821 or 866-740-455