Bridging the NeedsA full house crowd of supporters packed the ballroom at Buena Vista University Saturday for the 8th annual fall banquet for The Bridge of Storm Lake. Speakers during the event detailed a busy past...
Arts come to life in Witter GalaTheatre arts were celebrated in a venue normally reserved for the two-dimensional kind, during the Witter Gala: “An Uncommon Evening in 4 Acts” Saturday night in Storm Lake. The night featured local...
Remembering Chief Justice Cady, and his BVU roleIowa Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark Cady - a longtime supporter of Buena Vista University - has passed away at age 66 after suffering an apparent heart attack while jogging with his dog in a Des...
- SL council denies expense for city leaders’ D.C. travel (11/20/19)
- Committee looks for path to extend trail (11/20/19)
- Bathroom vandalism has BVU flushed (11/20/19)
- St. Mary’s middle school mock trial (11/20/19)
- P.E.C. scholarships available (11/20/19)
- RINGING OUT (11/20/19)
- Ecology students tackle more projects (11/20/19)
- Anniversaries (11/20/19)
- Police Blotter (11/20/19)
- COMMUNITY IN MOTaION (11/20/19)
- Five Tornadoes land on 3A-District 1 football teamWith the final team in 3A-District 1 bowing out of the football season as Sergeant Bluff-Luton fell in the semifinals, the All-District team along with honorable mentions and the most valuable awards have been announced. In all, five Storm Lake players were named to the team and four garnered honorable mention status...
- Mustang football players named to 8-Man District 1 team (11/20/19)
- CHAMPIONS (11/20/19)
- BVU men’s basketball wins twice over the weekend to get to 4-0 (11/18/19)
- BVU women’s basketball bows twice in tourney (11/18/19)
- BVU wrestling takes part in GVU open (11/18/19)
- BVU men’s basketball finding some early season success (11/15/19)
Twyla Chase April 19, 1926 - November 14, 2019Twyla Wanda Rae (Benson) Stille Chase, age 93, of Alta, died on Thursday, November 14, at Accura HealthCare in Aurelia. Funeral services were held on Monday, November 18, at Trinity Lutheran Church...
Jean Sternber May 19, 1949 - November 8, 2019Jean C. Sternber passed away November 8, at Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames at the age of 70. Jean C. Sternberg was born on May 19, 1949 in Alta, Iowa to Clarence and Donnabelle (Leber) Sievert....
Francis Heid August 7, 1935 - November 14, 2019Francis Heid, 84, long-time resident of Cherokee, died on Thursday, November 14, in Ames. Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Thursday, November 21, at 10:30 a.m. at the Immaculate Conception...
LivestockWANTED TO RENT: We have customers looking to rent swine buildings-nurseries, grow finish, and wean to finish barns. Interest in renting new buildings and existing buildings in good condition. Long term contracts possible. Contact ROSSIE FEED & GRAIN, call 712-229-2037.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: 77-years old gentleman/retired farmer would like to employ as a private contractor, a person or persons to do light housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, food prep and cooking, driving my car on errands, shopping, appointments, meetings, entertainment, etc. Just getting around on legs that don't work very well anymore, participation and scheduling of work shifts and determining of fair compensation. Living-in is possible, room and board furnished. Call 712-275-9992 or...
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: John Deer Tractor model 1070, has a 440 loader with a cab and rear blade. 190.5 hours, asking for $17,500 or best offer. Contact Step at (816)522-7413.
Apartments for RentFree Utilities- 1 Bdrm Apt $475 Located Sac City, IA Pets OK. 712-660-7821 or 866-740-4550
- Trial of five Iowa climate activists set for November 12
- Community gathering honors ‘The Chief’
- Area lakes remain on ‘impaired’ list, turbidity and E. coli concerns for Storm Lake
- SL schools curious on Harris plan for longer school days
- Iowa Lakes Corridor announces 2019 Business Recognition Award winners