City of SL issues fireworks warning
Storm Lake city officials reiterated its controls on fireworks this week, ahead of the July 4th holiday. First-class consumer fireworks are banned in the city, and second-class fireworks are allowed only on July 3 and 4 from 5-10 p.m. Violating the first-class fireworks ban and improper use of result in a simple misdemeanor charge and a fine of up to $500.
Fireworks are not permitted on public property which includes parks, streets, alleys, sidewalks, and right-of-ways.
First-class consumer fireworks banned in the city include:
1. Aerial shell kits and reloadable tubes.
3. Helicopter and aerial spinners.
5. Mine and shell devices.
6. Missile-type rockets.
7. Roman candles.
8. Sky rockets and bottle rockets
Second class consumer fireworks allowed July 3rd and 4th include:
1. Cone fountains.
2. Cylindrical fountains.
3. Flitter sparklers.
4. Ground and hand-held sparkling devices, including multiple tube ground and hand-held sparkling devices.
5. Ground spinners.
6. Illuminating torches.
7. Toy smoke devices that are not classified as novelties.
9. Wire or dipped sparklers that are not classified as novelties.