Alta Library establishes temporary procedures
The Alta library is currently closed to the public entering the library due to COVID-19, but pick-up service for patrons is available. The staff continues to work, providing services in a completely different way than before. They also took extra time this week to distribute library activity packs to families during the free lunch distribution. The packs contain supplies for kids to work on projects and activities.
“Please bear with us. We will work out the kinks as we go,” library director Andrea Hogrefe said. She assures the public there are several ways to access and check out items while the doors are closed, which include:
• place a hold on items you wish to check out through the online catalog ( https://alta.booksys.net/opac/alta/index.html#menuHome)
• call and leave a message (Phone - 712-200-1250 Fax – 712-200-4132)
• email at (email@example.com)
• message the library on Facebook
Hogrefe said the check-out limits have changed to 10 DVDs per household and as many books as you can carry! Another change is there will be no fines, and due dates are being adjusted to accommodate this extra time.
When holds are ready, library staff will call or text the patron, and items can be picked up while the staff works inside. Staff hours during this time vary, so the patron will be notified what times the door will be unlocked for pick-up. Upon arrival, the outer front doors will be unlocked, and the person will grab the bag with their name on it from the table inside the entry.
Further changes to Alta library services:
• Public Wi-Fi is available 24 hours a day! Park on the street in front of the library building, or have a seat on the bench or picnic table. The closer to the building, the better the signal. Use the password “unfiltered.”
• If you need something printed, copied, scanned, or faxed, contact the library and they will try to help without anyone coming inside.
• Use Libby and Overdrive apps for ebooks and audiobooks.
• Go to the library website for all kinds of resources available to all. https://www.alta.lib.ia.us/ - We are working on a new one!
• If you need a library card, submit the form from the library’s catalog homepage, and you will be given a number.