Local loses garage due to portable heater fire

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A portable electric heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed a garage in Storm Lake Sunday morning. When firefighters arrived at the home, in the 400 block of Superior Street, they found the unattached garage fully engulfed in flames.

The property was owned by Matthew DeWall of Bellevue, NE. Investigators say a portable electric heater was left running in the garage, and sparked the fire. No injuries were reported, but the garage and its contents are considered to be a total loss.

The full cost of the damage is estimated to reach $15,000.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: