Kreative Kitchen operated by Storm Lake students, open to the public
The students plan, prepare and serve the food to patrons. It is open to the public. The cost is $6 per person and it is served from 12 - 12:40 p.m. at the Storm Lake High School.
Take out is also available. Call the high school at 712-732-8065 or visit the Kreative Kitchen tab on the high school website at storm-lake.k12.ia.us/kreative-kitchen.
The following menu and days are available to enjoy a meal prepared by some of the students:
• Friday, September 29, Chef Ignacio Negrete and Alexis Cervantes, chicken fettuccine alfredo with herb salad, buttery breadstick and peach cobbler
• Friday, October 6, Chef Ysmerai Ek, carne asada with Mexican red rice, refried beans and Spanish flan
• Friday, October 13, Chef Jerry Pa, thai basil chicken with steamed white rice, asian Salad and chocolate chip cookie
• Friday, October 20, Chef Marc De La Cruz, ratatouille with Italian seasoned grilled chicken, garlic bread and fruit pizza
• Friday, October 27, Chef Maria Tapia, stuffed shells with mixed green salad, garlic bread and perfect chocolate cake
• Friday, November 3, Chef Eriberto Huizar, glazed meatloaf with creamy mashed potatoes, green beans and apple crisp a la mode
• Friday, November 17, Chef Manaa Deng, rosemary-pepper roast beef with bacon swiss romaine salad, mashed potatoes and creamy key lime pudding
• Friday, December 1, Chef Donnie Smith and Spencer Moua, crispy grilled chicken thighs with mashed potatoes, buttery green beans and bread pudding
• Friday, December 8, Chef Melanie Khamnoy, lasagna with caesar salad, garlic bread and chocolate mousse cake
• Friday, December 17, Chef Frankie Balandran and Leng Lee, All-American cheeseburger with french fries, apple slices and brownie.