BVU announces new Alunmi Board members for 2017
On July 1, BVU welcomed nine new members to the National Alumni Association Board of Directors. They will offer advice, volunteer service and financial support to the University.
The Buena Vista University National Alumni Association has elected nine new members to its board. The board members include:
• Laura (Hilby) Currie SL’12 of Grimes, assurance supervisor at RSM US LLP.
• Mindi (Becker) Dayton SL’01 of Ankeny, adjunct professor at Des Moines University-College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. Daytonis also the owner of WineStyles Tasting Station in Ankeny.
• Margo (Muhlbauer) Hansen SL’10 of Dunlap, CPA at NuStyle Development and Mahoney & Gotto Company.
• Andy Hodges SL’02 of Adel, vice president at Signature Commercial Real Estate.
• Brandon Johnson SL’04 of Kansas City, MO, vice president for enrollment management & athletics at Avila University.
• Jessica (Larson) Mathisen SL’04 of Urbandale, physician assistant at Iowa Kidney Physicians.
• Daniel Padilla SL’06 of Omaha, NE, project analyst at Union Pacific.
• Dawnielle Smith SL’08 of Chicago, IL, dean of students/assistant principal at in Chicago Heights School District 170.
• Sam Wooden SL’07 of Galena, IL, attorney at Reynolds & Kenline LLP.
Election to the alumni board is an honor accorded to alumni leaders who have demonstrated their dedication to the advancement of the institution. The board can have a maximum of 30 members who serve staggered three-year terms. They offer advice, volunteer service and financial support to the University.