Intent to deliver marijuana
On the evening of Tuesday, April 4, at approximately 8:08 p.m. a Storm Lake police officer stopped a vehicle in the 300 block of Lake Avenue for a traffic offense.
Upon contacting the driver identified as Roberto Alejandro Tarin, age 18 of Storm Lake and other occupants in the vehicle police allege they detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Police had all of the occupants exit the vehicle and allege that Tarin was under the influence of marijuana. He was transported to the Buena Vista County Jail where a SLPD Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) conducted further forensic testing on Tarin.
Police further allege that they recovered a bag containing marijuana, drug paraphernalia, a scale and packaging materials which had been discarded from the vehicle lying under the vehicle.
Following an investigation Tarin was charged with Possession With Intent to Deliver Marijuana (class D felony), Gathering Where Drugs Are Used (serious misdemeanor), Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Disobeying a Traffic Control Device (both simple misdemeanors). He was booked into the county jail on a $5000 bond. Additional charges against Tarin for driving while impaired are pending Iowa DCI Crime Lab results.
Additional arrests are anticipated in connection with the investigation.
• On the afternoon of Monday, April 3, at approximately 4:52 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department responded to the Tyson Pork Plant on Richland Drive in reference to locating a wanted person.
Upon arrival police located and arrested Kingston Alden, age 22 of Storm Lake who was wanted out of Buena Vista County on a warrant charging him with Failure to Appear in court reference OWI.
Alden was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1000 bond.
• On the evening of Monday, April 3, at approximately 7:50 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department responded to 1219 Highway 7 in reference to locating a wanted person.
Upon arrival of police they located and arrested Beau Barnett, age 31 of Storm Lake who was wanted by the Buena Vista County Sheriff’s Department on a warrant charging him with Possession of a Controlled Substance – Marijuana (serious misdemeanor).
Barnett was booked into the county jail on a $1000 bond.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 5, at approximately 2:10 a.m. a Storm Lake police officer while on patrol conducted a pedestrian check in the Walgreens parking lot at the intersection of Lake and Milwaukee Avenues.
Police made contact with Jonathon Whitworth, age 25 of Evansdale, and allege he was intoxicated and in possession of drug paraphernalia.
Following an investigation the SLPD arrested Whitworth and charged him with Public Intoxication and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (both simple misdemeanors). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $300 bond.
• On March 31, at approximately 7 p.m., at 1423 Lake Avenue in Storm Lake, an unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle owned by Osmani Gonzalez Batista of Storm Lake. Damages were estimated at $1,000.
• On April 1, at approximately 2:07 p.m., at the intersection of Early and W. 5th in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Martha Reese of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Fatima Garcia of Storm Lake. The two vehicles collided causing total damages estimated at $2,750. Garcia was cited for Failure to Obey Stop Sign and No Drivers License.
• On April 1, at approximately 3:28 p.m., at 825 Flindt Drive in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Cory Andersen of Alta was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Wenceslao Navarro Ramirez of Storm Lake. The two vehicles collided causing total damages estimated at $300.