* On Wednesday, Jan, 9, the Storm Lake Police Department took a report at the Storm Lake High School in connection with a harassment.
Police were advised that a 16-year-old student of Storm Lake, had allegedly posted harassing statements on the internet towards another student in connection with an ongoing criminal investigation.
Following an investigation Storm Lake Police arrested the student and charged him with Tampering With a Witness (aggravated misdemeanor). He was processed and transported to the Youth Detention Facility in Cherokee pending a court date.
The case has been forwarded to the Juvenile Court Authority.
Two arrested for disorderly conduct
* On Thursday, Jan.10, at approximately 1:22 a.m., a Storm Lake Police Officer while on patrol observed a male subject in the parking lot at Malarky's Night Club bleeding from his face.
Police made contact with the person, identified as Federico Mendoza, Jr., age 22 of Storm Lake. Police learned that Mendoza and another male subject had allegedly engaged in a fight both in the restroom inside of the night club and in the parking lot. The second person had departed on a shuttle bus traveling to Buena Vista University.
Police responded to the campus of Buena Vista University and subsequently located the second person involved in the alleged fight. He was identified as Grant Hoffman, age 20 of Marshalltown. Police and BVU Security located Hoffman in White Hall.
Following an investigation Storm Lake Police charged both Mendoza and Hoffman with Disorderly Conduct and Public Intoxication. They were both booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $600 cash bond each.
* On Thursday, Jan. 10, at approximately 1:14 a.m., Storm Lake Police conducted a bar check at Brewster's located at 225 East Railroad Street.
While on location police met with a patron who police allege looked to be too young to be consuming alcohol. Police identified the person as Bryce Robertson, age 19 of Pender, Neb. Police allege that when speaking to Robertson he provided false information as to his age and date of birth.
Police arrested Robertson and charged him with Interference With Official Acts, Public Intoxication and Possession of Alcohol.
He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $900 cash bond.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 9, at approximately 11:11 p.m., the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to East Elementary School located at 930 East 5th Street in reference to an automated fire alarm.
Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that the alarm was caused by a malfunctioning pull station in a portable classroom.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 10 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.
* On Jan. 7 at approximately 3:13 p.m., at the intersection of Oneida and E. 7th Street, a vehicle driven by Martha Rosales of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Virginia Schmidt of Storm Lake. The total damages were estimated at $1,700.
* On Jan. 8 at approximately 3:11 p.m. at the intersection of Radio Rd and Expansion Blvd, a vehicle driven by Stephen Anderson of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Matthew Cooke of Storm Lake. One injury was reported at the scene. Total damages were estimated at $13,600. Anderson was cited for Failure to Yield Right of Way upon Entering Highway.
Wanted persons arrested
* On Thursday, Jan. 10, at approximately 12:30 p.m., the Storm Lake Police Department responded to 223 Kenzy Street in reference to locating a wanted person.
Upon arrival police located and arrested Nestor Turcios, age 29 of Storm Lake who was wanted by the Storm Lake Police Department on warrants charging him with Unlawful Use of a Credit Card (class D felony).
The warrants stem from an alleged theft of a credit card from a locker at the Tyson Plant reported to police on Sept. 11, 2012 and the subsequent fraudulent use of the stolen card at several locations in Storm Lake resulting in transactions exceeding $1,000.
Turcios was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $5,000 cash bond.
* On Thursday, Jan.10, 2013, at approximately 4 p.m., Storm Lake Police responded to the Tyson Plant on Richland Drive in reference to locating a wanted person.
Police located and arrested Sergio Flores, age 27 of Storm Lake, who was wanted by the Storm Lake Police Department on warrants charging him with Stalking (class D felony), Criminal Mischief 4th Degree (serious misdemeanor) and Violation of a No Contact Order (simple misdemeanor).
The charges stem from an investigation into the alleged ongoing harassment by Flores towards another man which was reported to police on Jan. 6. In addition on Jan. 7, police took a report that alleges that Flores damaged the victim's vehicle by breaking out a window.
An Order of Protection had already been issued between the two men following an alleged incident of domestic assault which occurred in November of 2012.
Storm Lake Police booked Flores into the county jail where he was held without bond.
East Sac County HS student arrested
* Sac County Sheriff's Officials arrested 18-year old Daniel Rangel of Sac City on the afternoon of Thursday, Jan. 10 at East Sac County High School in Lake View. Rangel is a student their and has been charged with Disorderly Conduct a simple misdemeanor. Rangel is alleged to have made a statement on or about Dec. 14 to students from East Sac County High School in Lake View that if he was facing prison for 40 years, then he was going to take a lot of people out with him. Rangel currently has pending charges in District Court.
High School Officials notified the Sheriff's Office of the rumor on the afternoon of Jan. 9. During the course of the investigation deputies learned that Rangel did make the statement to other students. He was taken in to custody without incident. Rangel was seen by a Sac County Magistrate and is being held in the Sac County Jail on $10,000 cash bond.