Police and Sheriff's Blotter
* On Jan. 1, there was one vandalism in Storm Lake. Damages were estimated at $20.
* On Jan. 4, a theft was reported at 517 Expansion Blvd. in Storm Lake. The total value of the items reported missing was estimated at $800.
* On Jan. 3, at approximately 1:10 p.m., at 1525 W. 5th Street a vehicle driven by Lurene Mittelstadt of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by Kim Lytle of Aurelia. Total damages were estimated at $400.
* On Jan. 3, at approximately 7:35 a.m., at the intersection of 6th and Renshaw in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven buy Esmeralda Cruz of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with an unknown vehicle that fled the scene prior to officers' arrival. Damages to the Cruz vehicle were estimated at $400.
* On Jan. 2, at approximately 3:57 p.m., at the intersection of Seneca and E. Milwaukee in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Kevin Jence of St. James, Minn. struck a traffic light causing total damages estimated at $1,000. Jence was cited for Striking Fixtures.
* On Jan. 1, at approximately 7:14 p.m., at the intersection of E. 10th and Erie in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Christian Flores Martinez of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Ethan Eimers of Storm Lake. The two vehicles collided causing total damages estimated at $600.
* On Dec. 28, at approximately 12:45 p.m., at 1250 N. Lake in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Abbey Smith of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by Jacob Robertson of Alta. Total damages were estimated at $900.
* On Dec. 29, at approximately 12:30 a.m., at 308 Hudson Street in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Monica Figueroa Vaca of Storm Lake struck a garage owned by Linda Pulsen of Storm Lake. Total damages were estimated at $1,050.
* On Jan. 7, at approximately 8:54 a.m., the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to the Otsego Place Apartments located at 520 Otsego Street in reference to an automated fire alarm.
Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that burnt food on a stove top in a first floor apartment activated the alarm system.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 15 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department and Otsego Place staff.