Charged with Drug Paraphernalia
* On the afternoon of Sunday, Dec. 30,at approximately 5:22 p.m., a Storm Lake Police Officer stopped a vehicle in the 1100 block of East 5th Street for a traffic violation.
Upon contacting the driver identified as Moises Castro, age 18 of Storm Lake, police allege they detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Police conducted an investigation and allegedly located and seized drug paraphernalia from the vehicle.
Police arrested Castro and charged him with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He was booked into the county jail on a $300 cash bond.
Two arrested in argument
* On the morning of Saturday, Dec. 29, at approximately 2:27 a.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to an apartment complex located at 523 Russell Street in reference to a disturbance in progress.
Upon arrival police discovered that two men had allegedly engaged in an argument in the hallway of the apartment complex. Police made contact with Stephen Mack, age 27 of Spencer, and determined that Mack was wanted out of Clay County on a warrant charging him with Violation of Probation reference Burglary 3rd Degree.
Mack was arrested without incident and booked into the Buena Vista County Jail where he was held pending transfer to Clay County.
A second person involved in the argument, identified as Martell Bolden, age 27 of Storm Lake, reportedly fled from police into apartment # 10 where police caught up with him. Police allege that Bolden was intoxicated and upon arresting him he resisted arrest but was subdued by officers.
Bolden was charged with Public Intoxication 3rd Offense and Interference With Official Acts. He was booked into the county jail on a $2,300 cash bond.
No injuries were reported.
* On Dec. 31, at approximately 1 p.m., at the intersection of 9th Street and Lake Avenue in Storm Lake, an unknown vehicle struck a stop sign causing damages estimated at $50.
* On Monday, Dec. 31 at approximately 7:31 p.m., the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in reference to an automated fire alarm. Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that an alarm pull station had been activated by a patient on the third floor.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 10 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department and BVRMC staff.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 1, at approximately 10 p.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to Kentucky Fried Chicken located at 617 Flindt Drive in reference to a harassment.
Upon arrival of police they met with the reporting party who told police that a woman identified as Rachel Rohrman, age 23 of Storm Lake, had allegedly driven through the drive-up window and photographed an employee inside of the business. She then reportedly left and posted the photograph on Facebook accompanied by harassing messages.
Following an investigation police responded to 919 East 5th Street and arrested Rohrman. She was charged with Harassment 3rd Degree and booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $300 cash bond.
* On Tuesday, Jan.1, at approximately 1:15 p.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to the Wal-Mart Store on North Lake Avenue in reference to a theft.
Upon arrival police met with store officials who alleged that a 16-year-old male of Geneseo, Ill. had allegedly attempted to steal a knife from the store. The value of the knife was $30.
Police arrested the 16-year-old male and charged him with Theft 5th Degree. He was processed and released to a parent pending a court date in Juvenile Court.
Wanted persons arrested
* On Tuesday, Jan. 1, at approximately 2:50 p.m., a Storm Lake Police Officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic offense near the intersection of East Milwaukee Avenue and Seneca Street.
Upon contacting the driver identified as Denziel Lewis, age 38 of Early, police learned that Lewis was wanted out of Buchanan County, Mo. on the charge of Probation Violation reference Damage to Property and he was wanted out of Andrew County, MO on the charge of Failure to Pay Child Support.
Lewis was arrested and booked into the Buena Vista County Jail where he was held on a $2,000.00 cash bond awaiting extradition back to Missouri.
* On Thursday, Jan. 3, at approximately 2:08 a.m. a Storm Lake police officer, while on patrol, observed a male subject sleeping in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Budget Host Motel located at 1316 North Lake Avenue.
The officer observed the vehicle wasn't running and due to cold temperatures checked on the person who advised he was waiting for some other people in a guest room.
Police made contact with several people in room #15 and upon doing so identified the occupants. One of the occupants identified as Patty Lee Williams, age 48 of Storm Lake, was found to be wanted out of Woodbury County, on the charge of Identity Theft.
Police arrested Williams and booked her into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
Assault, disorderly conduct charge
* On Tuesday, Jan. 1, at approximately 1:20 a.m., a Storm Lake Police Officer, while on patrol, observed security personnel at the Malarky's Night Club removing a person from the establishment.
Upon intervening police were advised that the patron being removed, identified as Arturo Yahve Barrera, age 22 of Fort Dodge, had allegedly physically assaulted another patron in the night club.
Following an investigation police arrested Barrera and charged him with Assault, Disorderly Conduct and Public Intoxication. He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $900 cash bond.