* On Dec. 8, at approximately 5:46 p.m., at 222 W. Milwaukee in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Laressa Chase of Movile struck a parked vehicle owned by Justin Yarosevich of Storm Lake. Total damages were estimated at $1,200.
* On Dec. 9, at approximately 1:56 a.m., at 147 Flindt Drive in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Kun Diau of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by the City of Storm Lake. Total damages were estimated at $400. Diau was cited for Reckless Driving.
* On Dec. 11, at approximately 5:30 p.m., at 621 Tornado Drive in Storm Lake, an unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle owned by Juan Estrada-Bravo of Storm Lake. Damages were estimated at $500.
* On Friday, Dec.14, at approximately 12:02 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to Casey's (Central), located at 825 Flindt Drive in reference to a theft.
Upon arrival of police they were advised that three persons had entered the store and one of the patrons allegedly removed a tag off of a camouflage hoody and removed the hoody from the store without paying for it. The suspects departed in a vehicle prior to the arrival of the police.
Police were provided a vehicle description and license number of the suspect vehicle. At approximately 12:30 a.m. Storm Lake Police stopped the suspect vehicle in the 900 block of Seneca Street. Police made contact with the driver identified as Juan Carlose Munguia-De la Rosa, age 37 of Aurelia. Police allege that De la Rosa was intoxicated and arrested him. Police charged De la Rosa with OWI 2nd Offense and No Valid Drivers License. He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $2,300 cash bond.
Police determined that the actual person who allegedly stole the hoody from the Casey's store had been dropped off at an apartment complex located at 401 Cayuga Street.
At approximately 12:55 a.m. police responded to the Cayuga Street address and upon entering the apartment complex observed and arrested the theft suspect in the hallway. Police identified the suspect as Francisco Javier Ortiz Mireles, age 25 of Spencer. Police allege that Mireles had the stolen property in his possession when they made contact with him.
Police arrested Mireles and charged him with Theft 5th Degree and Public Intoxication. He was booked into the county jail on a $600 cash bond.
* Between Dec. 7 and Dec. 11, four thefts were reported in Storm Lake. The total value of the items reported missing was estimated at $375.
On Dec. 4, a vandalism was reported at 131 Old Creek Road in Storm Lake, total damages were estimated at $175.
* On Dec. 3, at approximately 2:45 p.m., just south of the intersection of E. 5th and Oates in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Vikham Phiakhamta of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by James Holmberg of Storm Lake. Total damages were estimated at $100.
* On Dec. 8, at approximately 9:29 p.m., at 1831 N. Lake Avenue in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Noe Vargas-Vera of Storm Lake was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Veronica Figueroa-Gonzalez of Denison. The two vehicles collided causing total damages estimated at $1,300. Vargas-Vera was cited for Failure to Maintain Control and Violation of Conditions of Restricted License.