Wanted persons arrested
* On Friday, Nov. 30, at approximately 10:35 p.m. Storm Lake Police responded to 703B West 8th Street in reference to locating a wanted person.
Upon arrival of police they located and arrested William Reyes, age 26 of Storm Lake who was wanted by the Iowa State Patrol on a warrant charging him with Failure to Appear reference a Traffic Violation.
Reyes was booked into the county jail on a $110 cash bond.
* On Sunday, Dec. 2, at approximately 3 a.m. Storm Lake Police responded to 713 Grand Avenue in reference to locating a wanted person.
Upon arrival police located and arrested Justin Lovan, age 24 of Storm Lake who was wanted out of Buena Vista County on warrants charging him with 2 counts of Possession of Prescription Drugs.
He was booked into the county jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
* On Sunday, Dec. 9, at approximately 12:32 a.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was conducting a bar check at the Malarky's Night Club when they observed a wanted person.
Police made contact with and arrested Jamie Lee Conlon, age 22 of Holstein, who was wanted out of Buena Vista County on a warrant charging him with Failure to Appear in Court reference Supplying Alcohol to Under Age Persons.
Conlon was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
Wanted person surrenders
* On Sunday, Dec. 2, at approximately 6 p.m. a wanted person surrendered herself at the Storm Lake Police Station.
Police arrested Brandi Thiyang, age 29 of Storm Lake, who was wanted on a warrant charging her with Theft 5th Degree.
Thiyang was booked into the county jail on a $300 cash bond.
Disruptive MS student
* On Tuesday, Dec. 4, at approximately 1.pm., the Storm Lake Police Department took a report at the Storm Lake Middle School in reference to a disruptive student.
Police were advised by school officials that a 13- year-old male became upset with a school official and allegedly threw food in the lunch room, struck a door several times and made inappropriate gestures towards school staff in the presence of a large number of other students.
Following an investigation police charged the juvenile male with Disorderly Conduct. He was processed and released to a parent pending a court date.
The juvenile sustained minor injuries to his hand during his reported outburst but declined medical treatment.
The case has been forwarded to the Juvenile Court Authority.
On Dec. 8, a burglary was reported at 211 E. Milwaukee Avenue in Storm Lake. The total value of the items reported missing was estimated at $2,300.
* On Nov. 30, at approximately 8:24 a.m., in the 600th block of Tornado Drive in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Dezirae Reyes of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by David Wilhelm of Storm Lake. Total damages were estimated at $500. Reyes was cited for Unsafe Turn On Public Highway.
* On Dec. 3, at approximately 4:25 p.m., at 307 Flindt Drive in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Robert Huberty of Sanborn, struck a parked vehicle owned by Daniel Buckendahl of Alta. Total damages were estimated at $1,850.
* On Dec. 3, at approximately 9 p.m., at the intersection of College and Milwaukee in Storm Lake, an unknown vehicle struck a street sign. Damages were estimated at $100.
* On the morning of Wednesday, Dec. 5, at approximately 7:11 a.m., the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to Methodist Manor located at 1206 West 4th Street in reference to an automated fire alarm.
Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that an aerosol sprayed in a restroom in C Hall activated a smoke detector.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 10 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department and Methodist Manor staff.
* On Sunday, Dec. 9, at approximately 4:21 p.m., the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to 1322 North Erie Street in reference to a smoke detector sounding in an apartment.
Upon arrival of fire fighters they determined that there was no smoke or fire in the apartment. An investigation determined that the occupant of the apartment removed all of the smoke detectors from the apartment and placed them in the apartment complex hallway while cooking. One of the detectors activated and a neighbor called for the fire department.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 10 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.
Disorderly conduct charge
* On Saturday, Dec. 8, at approximately 11:01 p.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to the Kings Pointe Lodge in reference to a loud party in a guest suite.
Upon arrival of police they were advised by lodge staff that guests at the lodge had voiced a concern over a loud party in guest suite 106. Lodge staff had asked the occupants of the suite to quiet down but they allegedly declined to do so.
Police proceeded to the room and made contact with the guest assigned to the suite identified as Dawn Jamison, age 46 of Laurens. Police requested that Jamison quiet the party and send the other guests back to their rooms. Police allege that Jamison became uncooperative at which time police arrested Jamison. Jamison was removed from the lodge and police report she failed to cooperate in getting into a police vehicle.
Police charged Jamison with Disorderly Conduct and Interference With Official Acts. She was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $600 cash bond.
Fight breaks out at Casey's
On Sunday, Dec. 9, at approximately 5:39 p.m., the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to Casey's Central located at 825 Flindt Drive in reference to a fight in progress.
Upon arrival of police they encountered several people fleeing from the area. Responding officers took several persons into custody and transported them to the police station for questioning.
Police allege that several men exchanged words inside of the store which led to a physical confrontation at the rear of the store. One of the alleged participants sustained injuries to his face however no medical treatment was needed.
Following an investigation police arrested Donaciano Cortes Madrigal, age 20 of Storm Lake, with Assault Causing Bodily Injury (serious misdemeanor) and Disorderly Conduct (simple misdemeanor). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1,300 cash bond.
Police arrested Enrique Saldana Corona, age 18, and Martin Silva-Martinez, age 28, both of Storm Lake and charged them both with Disorderly Conduct (simple misdemeanor). They were both booked into the county jail on a $300 cash bond each.