Carried on a wave of wonderful songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the familiar classic of royal courtship and comeuppance provides for some side-splitting shenanigans. "Once Upon A Mattress" will be performed by Alta-Aurelia High School students at the Roxy Theatre on Nov. 9, 10 and 11.
Chances are that you'll never look at fairy tales quite the same way again.
Today's students are greatly involved. The musical has 48 dedicated students, most of whom are involved in other activities including sports and organizations. Rehearsals have been scheduled around weightlifting, dance team, marching band, sports and a lot of other groups. Directors Luke Miller and Denise Nicodemus commend the students for that dedication and look forward to presenting the top-notch performance to the public.
* Dauntless - Trenton Delp
* Harry - Jake Berg
* Sextimus - Kirk Carlson
* Winnifred - Taler Stanton
* Larkin - Ali Turnquist
* Queen Aggravain - Katie Turnquist
* Minstrel - Beth Carlson
* Wizard - Chayce Glienke
* Jester - Alejandra Mendoza
* Princess #12 - Abigail Anderson
* Lady Rowena - Reghan Harms
* Lady Merrill - Erica Lockin
* Lady Lucille - Lizz Segura
* Kitchen Wench 1 - Riley Fritz
* Kitchen Wench 2 - Hannah Nelson
* Emily - Luisa Mendoza
* Lady Beatrice - Grace Weiland
* Lady Mabelle - Courtney Langner
* Lady Evelyn - Lexie Patton
* Lady Avery - Alyssa Kruse
* Lady Suzette - Tiernan Kolpin
* Nightengale - Katie Van Berkum
* Sir Studley - Josh Baxter
* Sir Luce - Spencer Bezoni
* 1st Knight - Gabe McCormick
* 2nd Knight - Ben Kearney
* 3rd Knight - Shawn Henley
* Sir Harold - Manny Murillo
* Knights - Aldrich Phoumy, Sean Berg, Tyson Kearney, Hugo Perez, Shawn Rowell, Jeremiah Ruby
* Ladies in Waiting - Danielle Peterson, Jasmine Espinoza
* Chorus - Tadum Foust, Tatum Twiss, Shelby Miller, Chloey Arispe, Britney Hase, Jessica Rodriguez, Abby Hill, Laura Holmes, Vanessa Rojas, Stacey Lane, Mariah Allen, Vanessa Tuggle, Britney Hase
Tickets for the musical "Once Upon a Mattress" are now for sale. The musical will be held Friday, Nov. 9 and Saturday, Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 11th at 2 p.m.
The cost of tickets will be $5 for adults and $4 for students. Please contact Shawna at the high school office 200-1331 or email at email@example.com.