The Storm Lake High School Kreative Kitchen will soon be open for the first semester.
The Kitchen is under the management of instructor Becky Stille; the cooks are made up of students from the creative foods class. The chef's are full of energy and dare you to try a meal or two.
The students planned their menus with you in mind and will be serving everything from Bada Bing Pork Chops to BBQ Beef to Chicken Milano.
The students learn not only to prepare meals but how to plan, shop and serve the meals. It's a great learning experience for all of them. Several of these students will attend culinary art school and this helps them achieve skills other classmates can only dream of.
Recipe books are available at the end of the semester and many patrons love remaking what they have eaten in Kreative Kitchen.
* All meals will be served in the food room at SLHS (Room 18) at noon.
* Take out available.
* Cost for the meals is $5 and includes beverages. Please reserve spot by 11 a.m. the Tuesday before the Friday meal by calling the high school office at 732-8065 or visiting the website at www.storm-lake.k12.ia.us under high school home page.
* No cancellations after 8:30 a.m. the day of the meal.
* If there is a school cancellation the day of the meal, it will be served the Monday of the following week.
* Park by the south entrance to the high school and enter the building under the canopy.
Chefs for this semester are seniors Victor Aviles,Victor Espinoza, Ethan Kenkel, Edgar Roya, Jessica Rios, Juan Rosales, Jorge Sanchez and juniors Martin Espinoza and Rebeca Ramos.
On the menu and serving days:
* Friday, Sept. 28 (reservations by Tuesday, Sept. 25): Recipes by Ethan Kenkel - Bada Bing Pork Chop, Ultimate Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Roasted Asparagus, Apple Pie with Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
* Oct. 5 (reservations by Tuesday, Oct. 2): Recipes by Victor Espinoza - Ultimate Bacon-Wrapped Hamburger, Oven Fresh Seasoned Potato Wedges, Carrots and Broccoli with Ranch Dip, Chocolate Peanut Parfait
* Oct. 19 (reservations by Tuesday, Oct. 16): Recipes by Victor Aviles - BBQ Beef, Oriental Coleslaw, Boston Baked Beans, Chocolate-Covered Cake Balls
* Nov. 2 (reservations by Tuesday, Oct. 30): Recipes by Rebecca Ramos - Lemon Chicken, Apple and Pecan and Spinach Salad, Kasha Bowtie Pilaf, Whipped Chocolate Mousse
* Nov. 16 (reservations by Tuesday, Nov. 13):
Recipes by Jorge Sanchez - Crispy Bacon Wrapped Salmon, Toasted Quinoa, Oriental Cashew Asparagus, Saucy Apple Dumplings
* Nov. 30 (reservations by Tuesday, Nov. 27): Recipes by Edgar Raya - Chicken Milano with Pasta, Garlic Cheese Biscuits, Seven-Layer Salad, Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Dessert
* Dec. 14 (reservations by Tuesday, Dec. 11): Recipes by Jessica Rios - Pork Tenderloins with Seasoned Rub, Mango Chutney, Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers, Mint Brownie Pie