There will be plenty of entertainment to enjoy at this year's show, August 10-12.
Friday's acts include Cletus Goblirsch, a concertinist from New Ulm, Minnesota, at noon, followed at 1:15 by the Kooi Family. The group is made up of Nikolass, 15; Meia, 14; Joeseph, 14 and Anika, age 13. The family has been performing for over five years, and sings southern gospel and hymns. They are the children of Terry and Julie and live in Inwood.
At 2:30 p.m., Cletus Goblirsch presents an encore concert, with another show from the Kooi family at 3:30 and the Threshermen Parade at 4:30.
Saturday, August 11 begins with a new Antique Appraisal Fair 9 a.m. - noon in the open pavilion, and the feature Parade at 10:30 (Minneapolis-Moline equipment.)
The Kooi Family performs at 1 p.m., followed by the Pigs and Clover folk duo at 2 and a Talent Show at 3, with the Threshermen Parade at 4:30.
Sunday, August 12 features a church service at 9, the Feature Parade at 10:30, Albert City Community Band at noon and the Threshermen Parade at 4:30.
* The Friday Night Fun Pull will follow the Threshermen Parade (6 p.m.) with Minneapolis-Moline family of tractors.
* An Antique Amateur Tractor Pull is tentatively scheduled for Saturday August 11, 9 a.m. Trophies are presented to the winners in each division.
* Old-fashioned games for children of all ages will be held each day at 1:00 p.m. south of the Petting Barn area. Games vary from hoop rolling and sack races to water balloon toss and watermelon seed spitting. A corn pile with coins inside wraps up the activities each day.
* A Pedal Pull will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. in front of the Red Craft Building, free for kids 4-12.
* Scavenger Hunt for all ages, a self guided fun activity to help discover the many activities and displays around the grounds. Stop in the Gas Station building anytime throughout the weekend to pick up the fun, free activity sheet.
* Talent Show musicians and vocalists are encouraged to enter for the performance at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11. No fee, three age groups, cash prizes. To participate, contact the Threshermen Office at (712) 843-2076.