'Vegas' comes to EDGEFest
Take Me To Vegas, a 5-piece pop/rock band from Omaha, will make its first appearance at EDGEFest in Storm Lake May 19.
This agressive powerpop/punk/rock band formed in 2010, and has since played with such groups as The Dangerous Summer, Sparks The Rescue, .38 Special, and Cheap Trick. With music that strays from the norm, and melodies that are sure to stick with you well into your day, Take Me To Vegas is sure to make their mark on the alternative music scene. The unsigned Omaha-based band includes: Josh McManus-vocals,
Brad Meyer-guitar/vocals, Blake Higginbotham-guitar/vocals, Justin Essink-drums, Alex Vang-bass.
They begin pre-production for a new EP this week.
EDGEFest will be held in Sunset Park on Saturday, May 19, a celebration of alternative and indie rock music organized by KBVU 97.5 the EDGE student radio station to raise money for local non-profit groups. KBVU's annual outdoor rock concert opens at 4 p.m. to all ages. Clark Audio Productions of Harwarden will provide sound and lights. Food will be sold at the venue by EDGEfest sponsor, Hy-Vee Food Stores.
Other bands on hand will be:
* Index Case formed in 1998 when guitarist Josh Parker and drummer Jordan Spence started writing music in Jordan's basement in Des Moines. Vocalist Joe Ansley joined later. Their latest album "Augstagein" was released June 12, 2010.
* The Paramount (formerly Tribes) is a metal-hardcore band from Grand Forks with Andy Cook on vocals, Josh Gessler on guitar and vocals, Ben Prout on bass and vocals, and Cody Griffin on drums. They release their debut EP album on iTunes May 18th.
* Also appearing at EDGEFest '12
Buena Vista University's own 3 Wolf Moon has a sound best described as "Lonely Island meets LMFAO". 3 Wolf Moon is the epitome of indie. They write, record, produce, mix, master and dance along with all of our music. Along with a posse of dancing animals, 3 Wolf Moon bring a lot of energy to the stage and is always ready to party!
*A Causal Affair was formed in 2009 in Cedar Rapids. They have shared the stage and opened for bands such as Chiodos, Bullet for my Valentine, and Destruction of a Rose. They also got to play at Vans Warped tour in Council Bluffs and have toured the Midwest. In February they released their first official music video for "The Key to Ignorance is Bliss" off of "The Further" album.
* Blessed Are The Merciless arrived on the Omaha local music scene in 2008. BATM has established the band as one of Omaha's heavy hitters opening up for such national acts as Straight Line Stitch and Impending Doom. BATM is also the second band in Omaha to be crowned Gorilla Productions Battle of the Bands Finals Champions.
* BYLETH, also from Omaha, plays death metal with a pinch of black and core along with extreme shredding, talented drumming, and bone-crushing vocals. Their first album, "Scared to Death" dropped in 2011.