There will be 16-18 teams participating from all across Iowa. The official schedule will be as follows:
8:45-9:15 a.m. - registration
9:15 a.m. - welcome in gym
Rounds are 30 minutes in length; round one begins at 9:30 a.m. A lunch break will be held from noon-1 p.m. with afternoon rounds beginning immediately after lunch.
If there are only 16 teams, the final round willbe held at 2:30 p.m., if there are 18 teams the final round will be at 3 p.m.
Awards will follow the final match.
Etiquette guidelines audience members must follow:
* No electronic devices (i.e. cellphones, ipads, computers, cameras, etc.) should be on/out during a match.
* Audience members should not be talking during a match.
* Questions are official/confidential, audience members are not allowed to write down or keep quiz bowl questions from a match.
* When a door to a match room is closed, they have to wait to enter until the match is over (doors are not open, nor allowed to be opened and closed during a match).
* Lastly, no signaling or signing of any kind to the players is allowed.