SL man arrested on public intox charge
* On Friday, Sept. 10, at approximately 10:40 p.m. a Storm Lake Police Officer while on patrol observed a subject staggering at the rear of the Puff's Bar.
As the officer approached the subject the male, later identified as Albert Carr, age 29 of Storm Lake entered the building and then allegedly exited the bar via a patio area in an attempt to elude the officer. Police located Carr hiding behind the building.
Police report that Carr was extremely intoxicated and arrested him charging him with Public Intoxication and Interference With Official Acts.
Carr was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $300 cash bond.
Drunken argument leads to arrest of SL man
* On Sunday, Sept. 12, at approximately 12:00 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 1409 North Seneca Street #45 in reference to an intoxicated subject inside of the apartment arguing with other people at that location.
Upon arrival of police they observed a subject staggering in the street. Police made contact with the subject and identified him as Corvell Cooper, age 27 of Storm Lake.
Witnesses told police that Cooper was arguing with several subjects inside of the apartment and fled when the police were called.
Following an investigation police arrested Cooper and charged him with Public Intoxication 2nd Offense (serious misdemeanor). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
* On Sunday, Sept. 12, at approximately 3:21 a.m. the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to 401 Cayuga Street in reference to an automated fire alarm.
Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that smoke from burnt food had activated a smoke detector at the east end of the first floor.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately ten minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.
* On Sept. 7, a burglary to a vehicle was reported at 612 W 4th St. in Storm Lake. Taken from the vehicle was a Sony MP3 player with an estimated value of $80.
* On Sept. 6, a burglary was reported at 504A West 8th St. in Storm Lake. Taken was cash, ID's, passport, and a vehicle title. Total value of missing items was estimated at $2,212.
* On Sept. 5, vandalism to a vehicle was reported at 147 Flindt Drive. Damage was estimated at $1,050.
* Between Sept. 3 and Sept. 9, two thefts were reported with total loss of $85.
* On Sept. 12, at 1:00 p.m. an accident occurred in Lot C at 610 W 4th St. in Storm Lake. A vehicle owned by Tanner Urich of Garner, was parked in the lot. An unknown vehicle struck the Urich vehicle and left the scene. Damage to the Urich vehicle was estimated at $800.
* On Sept. 11, at 11:30 a.m. an accident occurred in the 700 block of Geisinger Rd. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Marvin Grote of Storm Lake backed from his drive and struck a vehicle owned by Nazario Ramirez-Arreguin of Storm Lake. Total damage to both vehicles was estimated at $200.
* On Sept. 10, at 5:29 p.m. an accident occurred in the parking lot at 800 Lake Ave. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Alma Oropeza-Casillas of Storm Lake was backing from a parking stall and struck a parked car owned by Svitlana Ivlyeva of Storm Lake. Total damage to both vehicles was estimated at $4,000.
* On Sept. 10, at 5:00 p.m. an accident occurred at the intersection of E 1st St. and Oneida St. in Storm Lake. Vehicles driven by Sean Naughton of Storm Lake and Deb Erpelding of Aurelia collided in the intersection, the the Naughton vehicle struck a vehicle driven by Juan Rodriguez of Storm Lake. Total damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,200. Naughton was cited with Fail To Yield To the Right.