Four SL residents arrested in early morning disturbance call
* On Sunday, May 9, at approximately 2:13 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 1205 North Seneca Street in reference to a 911 hang up call with people screaming in the background.
Upon arrival of police at the residence they encountered several subjects at the home. Police were told that at approximately 1:45 a.m. two subjects at the residence were engaged in a fight at a local night club. The subjects separated and left the night club. One party went to the Seneca Street address. At approximately 2:10 a.m. people from the other party in the fight allegedly showed up at the Seneca Street address and forced entry into the house and assaulted one of the residents.
Police conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested David Bounsavath, age 22 of Storm Lake and charged him with Burglary 2nd Degree (class C felony). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
Police further arrested Gloria Medrano, age 19, Beverly Bounsavath, age 18 and Chan Khaoorn, age 27 all of Storm Lake and charged all three with Disorder Conduct. All three were booked into the county jail on a $300 cash bond each.
Beverly Bounsavath and Gloria Medrano both sustained minor injuries from the encounters but did not require medical attention.
Two SL women arrested for burglay
* On Friday, May 7, at approximately 8:20 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 318B Lake Avenue in reference to a burglary.
Upon arrival of police they met with the reporting party who told police that she had left for work the night before and upon returning home Friday morning someone had forced entry into her house through a window and stolen a laptop computer and some other items.
Police conducted an investigation and allege that a Cindy Martinez, age 21 and Perla Morales, age 21 both of Storm Lake had allegedly burglarized the victim's residence and removed the stolen items.
Police responded to a residence located at 1008 Oak Lane and recovered all of the stolen property.
Storm Lake Police arrested both Martinez and Morales at the Oak Lane address. Morales was charged with Burglary 3rd Degree (class D felony) and Criminal Mischief 5th Degree (simple misdemeanor). She was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $5,000 cash bond.
Martinez was charged with Burglary 3rd Degree and booked into the county jail on a $5,000 cash bond.
Two arrested for marijuana possession in BVU investigation
* As previously reported, on May 1, 2010 at approximately 11:50 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to the campus of Buena Vista University in reference to a disturbance involving several subjects outside of White-Pierce Hall.
Officers made several arrests at the time and also allegedly recovered marijuana from near the location where the subjects were initially arrested.
Storm Lake Police conducted an investigation into who had possession of the marijuana prior to the arrival of police.
Following an investigation on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 Storm Lake Police arrested Aaron Giese, age 20 of Paulina, and charged him with Possession of Marijuana (serious misdemeanor). Giese was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail and released pending a court date.
On Thursday, May 6, Kevin Seng Lu, age 19 of Clear Lake, surrendered himself at the Storm Lake Police Station in connection with the investigation. Police charged Seng Lu with Possession of Marijuana. He was booked in and released pending a court date.
Newell and Denison men arrested after fight at Malarky's
* On Sunday, May 9, at approximately 1:30 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to the Malarky's Night Club on Flindt Drive in reference to a fight.
Upon arrival of police they met with Malarky's staff who had advised that two subjects had reportedly engaged in a fight in front of the night club at which security staff intervened in the fight.
Police conducted an investigation and arrested Marcos Vargas, age 24 of Newell, and Juan Martinez, age 23 of Denison.
Vargas was transported to the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center where he was treated for injuries sustained in the fight and he was released. He was then transferred to the Buena Vista County Jail.
Martinez was also transported to the Buena Vista County Jail where both men were charged with Disorderly Conduct and Public Intoxication. Both men were booked into the county jail on a $300 cash bond each.
SL man arrested for assault and destruction of property
* On Friday, May 7, at approximately 11:50 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to Smokey's located at 707 Lake Avenue in reference to a patron who was reportedly out of control.
Upon arrival of police they encountered a subject in the alley at the rear of the bar later identified as Francisco Javier Ruiz, age 25 of Storm Lake. Ruiz was detained by police.
Police spoke with the reporting party who alleged that Ruiz physically assaulted a female patron following an argument inside of the bar. As he exited the bar through its back door Ruiz ripped the back door off of its hinges.
Following an investigation police arrested Ruiz and charged him with Assault, Criminal Mischief 5th Degree and Public Intoxication. He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $300 cash bond.
Damage to the bar door is estimated at $200.
SL man arrested for identity theft
* On Saturday, May 8, 2010 at approximately 7:46 a.m. a Storm Lake Police Officer stopped a vehicle in the 1200 block of Erie Street for a traffic violation.
While conducting the traffic stop police encountered three males in the vehicle. Police allege that one of the occupants identified as Felix Soto, age 51 of Storm Lake had problems providing information about himself. Following an investigation police allege that Soto had been working for DCS in Storm Lake under an assumed name.
Police arrested Soto and charged him with Identity Theft (class D felony). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail and held without bond as the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) placed a hold on him.
Disturbance call leads to arrest of wanted BV and Ida Co. man
* On Friday, May 7, 2010 at approximately 5:30 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 16 South Windsor Circle in reference to a disturbance.
Upon arrival of police they made contact with an adult male and female who were engaged in an argument over child custody. Police determined that the male party identified as Carlos DeLacruz, age 23 of Storm Lake was wanted out of Buena Vista County for Failure to Appear in Court reference Driving While Barred. He was further wanted out of Ida County, for Contempt of Court reference Failure to Pay Fines.
DeLacruz was arrested without incident and booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $1,500 cash bond.
Alta man arrested after refusing to leave residence
* On Thursday, May 6, at approximately 9:13 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 615D West 9th Street in reference to a report of a subject refusing to leave a residence.
Upon arrival of police they located a Martin Arispe, age 21 of Alta, who the reporting party alleged failed to leave the residence when asked.
Police conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested Arispe and charged him with Criminal Trespass. He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $300 cash bond.
* On May 9, at 8:08 p.m. an accident occurred at the intersection of Flindt Dr. and Richland in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Mark Druivenga of Sac City was eastbound on Richland when a piece of concrete from a pothole struck the undercarriage of the vehicle. Damages were estimated at $100.
* On May 7, at 4:54 p.m. an accident occurred at the intersection of Lake Ave. and Milwaukee Ave. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Terry Pullen of Schaller, was struck from behind by a vehicle driven by Miriah Busby of Alta. Busby was cited with Fail To Stop At Safe and Assured Distance. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $100. Busby reported minor injuries.
* On May 7, at approximately 8:40 a.m., a vehicle driven by Peun Sihachak of Storm Lake was struck by an unknown vehicle at 529 Lake Ave. Estimated damages to the vehicle are $900.
* On May 6, at 6:45 p.m. an accident occurred in the 1000 block of N. Lake Ave. in Storm Lake. Vehicles driven by Jose Nava Fernandez of Storm Lake and Danielle Ladenthin of Sioux City, collided causing estimated damage to both vehicles of $950. Nava Fernandez was cited with No Insurance, Improper Use of Lanes, No Driver's License.
* On May 6, at 5:55 p.m. an accident occurred in the parking lot at 401 Cayuga St. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Po Lay of Storm Lake was turning into a parking space and struck a vehicle owned by Mohamed Omar of Storm Lake, causing the Omar vehicle to strike a parked vehicle owned by Odol Akuay of Storm Lake. Damage to all vehicles was estimated at $3,250.
* On April 29, at approximately 1 p.m., a vehicle owned by Harvey Ralston of Storm Lake was struck by an unknown vehicle while parked in the 300 block of E. 3rd St. Estimated damages to the vehicle is $200.
* On May 9, vandalism to a vehicle tire was reported while parked in the 600 block of W. 9th St. Damage was estimated at $20.
* On May 7, vandalism was reported to the driver's door of a vehicle parked at Buena Vista University. Damage is estimated at $300.