Minn. man wanted out of Clay Co. arrested in SL
* On Tuesday, April 6, at approximately 7:13 p.m. a Storm Lake Police Officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation in the 1300 block of Lake Avenue.
Upon contacting the occupants of the vehicle it was determined that one of them identified as Abelardo Flores, age 32 of Fairmont, Minn. was wanted out of Clay County, on warrants charging him with Theft 4th Degree and Assault. The warrants were issued in 2002.
Police arrested Flores without incident and booked him into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $2,275 cash bond.
Peterson business reports theft of tools
* On Monday, April 5, the owner of Dave's Repair in Peterson reported that on the day prior, someone had accessed his company vehicle and stole some power tools and other miscellanious items. The value totals $1000 at present inventory. The incident is under investigation.
Wanted Warren County man arrested in SL
* On Monday, April 5, at approximately 7:08 p.m. a Storm Lake Police Officer stopped a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lake Avenue for a traffic violation.
Upon contacting the driver identified as Francisco Martinez, age 32 of Storm Lake, it was determined that he was wanted out of Warren County, for Failure to Appear reference Possession of Marijuana With Intent to Deliver.
Police arrested Martinez without incident and booked him into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $7,400 cash bond.
SL wanted woman surrenders to police
* On Sunday, April 4, at approximately 6:00 a.m. a subject wanted by the Storm Lake Police Department surrendered herself at the Storm Lake Police Station.
Ann Krummen-Gonzalez, age 27 of Storm Lake was wanted for Driving While Barred (aggravated misdemeanor).
Krummen-Gonzalez was taken into custody and booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $2,000 cash bond.
Wanted SL man arrested in Denison
* On Saturday, April 3, at approximately 12:45 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was notified by the Denison Police Department that they had apprehended a subject wanted by the Storm Lake Police Department.
Denison Police Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle and located and arrested Magdeleno Sanchez AKA Enrique Cruz, age 45 of Denison, who was wanted out of Storm Lake on the charge of Forgery (class D felony).
Sanchez was booked into the Crawford County Jail on a $5,000 cash bond awaiting transfer to the Buena Vista County Jail.
Aurelia man arrested at La Juanitas; charged with Public Intox and possession
* On Sunday, April 4, at approximately 2:33 a.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was conducting business security at La Juanita's located at 613 Lake Avenue when they observed a subject shouting.
Police made contact with the shouting person identified as Patrick Briner, age 39 of Aurelia. As officers spoke with Briner he allegedly became belligerent with officers at which time he was escorted out of the business.
Police report that Briner was intoxicated and arrested him. Upon arresting him they allege he was in possession of marijuana which police seized.
Briner was charged with Possession of Marijuana 3rd Offense (class D felony) and Public Intoxication (simple misdemeanor). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $5,300 cash bond.
Two Alta juveniles found to be in possession of pot
* On Saturday, April 3, at approximately 12:00 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to 1726 East Milwaukee Avenue in reference to a report of two suspicious juvenile males near the apartment complex.
Upon arrival they investigated the report and located two juvenile males outside of the apartment complex. Police allege they found the juveniles to be in possession of several small bags of marijuana packaged for street sales.
Following an investigation police arrested both juveniles ages 16 and 17, both of Alta.
Police charged both teenagers with Possession of Marijuana With Intent to Deliver (class D felony) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (simple misdemeanor).
The 17-year-old was processed and released to a parent pending a court date.
The 16-year-old was transported to the Youth Detention Facility in Cherokee pending a court date.
The case has been forwarded to the Juvenile Court Authority.
Two arrested in police marijuana sting
* On Friday, April 2, at approximately 10:30 p.m. Storm Lake Police Investigators conducted a controlled purchase of illegal drugs from a residence at 419 Superior Street #1.
Police allege they purchased an ounce of marijuana from Damian Darell Tyler, age 20 and Demetrius Donya Dunkines, age 20 both of Storm Lake at the Superior Street address.
Following the purchase of the marijuana Storm Lake Police supported by the Buena Vista County Sheriff's Department executed a search warrant at the Superior Street address at approximately 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning, April 3.
Upon executing the search warrant police located and seized an additional five ounces of marijuana (street value of approximately $600), packaging materials for street sales, and $1,000 in cash.
Police located and arrested Tyler and Dunkines at the residence.
Police charged Tyler with Delivery of Marijuana (class D felony), Possession of Marijuana With Intent to Deliver (class D felony), and Failure to Affix a Drug Tax Stamp (class D felony). He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $15,000 cash bond.
Police charged Dunkines with Delivery of Marijuana (class D felony). He was booked into the county jail on a $5,000 cash bond.
The Storm Lake Police Department was assisted by the Buena Vista County Sheriff's Department.
Albert City man arrested for trespassing
* On Friday, April 2, at approximately 7:49 p.m. the Storm Lake Police Department was dispatched to the Wal-Mart Store on North Lake Avenue in reference to a reported trespass.
Upon arrival of police they met with store staff who reported that an Isaak Unger, age 19 of Albert City, had allegedly been in the store after previously being told he was not allowed in the store. Unger had departed prior to the arrival of police.
Police conducted an investigation and on Sunday evening, April 4, at approximately 9:45 p.m. took Unger into custody at the police station. He was charged with Criminal Trespass. Unger was processed and released pending a court date.
Gillet Grove man wanted out of Storm Lake arrested
* On Friday, April 2, at approximately 8:15 a.m., Lesley Wells, age 46, of Gillet Grove, was arrested for Failure to appear in court for a 2007 warrant from Storm Lake.
During the course of an investigation into a roommate of this individual, he was found to be wanted out of Storm Lake, Iowa for Failure to Appear on a Charge of Possesion of a Controlled Substance dated 2007. He was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Clay County Jail for processing.
* On Friday, April 2, at approximately 10:40 p.m. the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to Grand Hall on the campus of Buena Vista University in reference to an automated fire alarm.
Upon arrival of fire fighters it was determined that cooking smoke had activated a smoke detector on the first floor.
There was no fire and no damage.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 10 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department and the BVU Security Department.
* On April 5, at 10:00 a.m. an accident occurred at the intersection of Geneseo St. and W. 3rd St. in Storm Lake. Vehicles driven by Gerald Liesveld and Mary Cole, both of Storm Lake, collided in the intersection. Liesveld was transported by ambulance to the BVRMC for treatment of injuries. Damages to both vehicles was estimated at $13,000.00. Liesveld was cited with Fail To Obey Stop Sign.
* On April 2, an accident occurred in the 500 block of Erie St. at approximately 7:58 p.m. A vehicle owned by Dana Larsen of Lakeside was struck by an unidentified vehicle causing approximately $500 in damages.
* On April 1, at 3:19 p.m. an accident occurred in the parking lot at 1015 E. Lakeshore Dr. in Storm Lake. Vehicles driven by Theng Xiong of Storm Lake and Erik Mullen of Creston, collided causing estimated damage to both vehicles of $200.
* On April 1, at 7:48 a.m. an accident occurred at the intersection of Expansion Blvd. and Richland in Storm Lake. Vehicles driven by Charles Arett of Storm Lake and Mark Druivenga of Sac City collided in the intersection causing damage to both vehicles estimated at $800. Arett was cited with Fail To Yield From Stop Sign.
* On March 31, at 11:34 p.m. an accident occurred in the 200 block of W. 6th St. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Bradley Peter of Storm Lake was eastbound, lost control of the vehicle, and struck a parked vehicle owned by Jose Ortega of Storm Lake. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $11,000. Peter was cited with No Driver's License and Striking and Unattended Vehicle.
* On March 28, at 7:56 p.m. an accident occurred in the 600 block of W. 8th St. in Storm Lake. A vehicle driven by Raul Ruiz of Storm Lake struck a parked vehicle owned by Javier Garzon Parra of Storm Lake. Ruiz was cited with No Driver's License, No Insurance, and Striking an Unattended Vehicle. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $900.
* On April 5, vandalism was reported at 821 Hyland Dr. Damage was estimated at $10.
* On April 2, at approximately 9:10, a theft was reported from 114 Grand Ave. in Storm Lake. Estimated loss of items is $330.
* On March 5, 2010 vandalism was reported at 211 E 3rd St. in Storm Lake. Damage was estimated at $50.
Copyright 2010 Storm Lake Pilot Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.