Storm Lake Police and Buena Vista County Sheriff's departments made 22 arrests Wednesday in a series of drug investigations that spanned the past seven months.
The enforcement action dubbed "Operation Fall Harvest," was the culmination of a series of both related and independent drug investigations conducted in Storm Lake and other areas of Buena Vista County. The investigations centered on the illegal distribution and use of marijuana, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, and ecstasy.
The investigations were conducted with support from the Alta Police Department and the US Department of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.
On Wednesday 20 law enforcement officers from both the Storm Lake Police Department and Buena Vista County Sheriff's Department, supported by Newell Police, BV County Sheriff's Reserve, and the Iowa Department of Narcotics Enforcement executed arrest warrants throughout the day. Also assisting in arresting suspects in Operation Fall Harvest were the Sioux City and Spencer police, Cherokee County Sheriff's Department, and the Burnsville, MN Police Department.
* Frederick Scott, age 22 of Storm Lake was charged with Ongoing Criminal Conduct, 2 counts of Delivery of Crack Cocaine, and Conspiracy to Deliver Crack Cocaine, all felonies. He was booked into the Buena Vista County Jail on a $50,000 cash bond.
* Cornelius Scott, 25 of Storm Lake, charged with Delivery of a Controlled Substance - Marijuana, a felony. Scott was booked into the county jail on a $5,000 cash bond.
* Ismail Noor, 27 of Storm Lake, was charged with Aiding and Abetting the Delivery of Ecstasy, a felony. He was jailed on a $50,000 cash bond.
* Donald Sherman, 48 of Alta, was charged with Delivery of Marijuana, a felony. He was jailed on a $5,000 cash bond.
* Marciano Martinez, 43 of Storm Lake was charged with Possession of Marijuana. He was booked into the county jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
Read more of this story in the Pilot Tribune.