Kreative Kitchen serving meals
The Storm Lake High School Kreative Kitchen is open for the first semester.
The Kitchen is under the management of instructor Becky Stille; the cooks are made up of students from the creative foods class.
The students learn not only to prepare meals but how to plan, shop and serve the meals.
All meals will be served in the food room at SLHS (Room 18) at 11:55 p.m. (or slightly after if you work and can't get away until after noon.) Take out available at 12:25 p.m.
Cost for the meals is $5. Please reserve your spot by noon by Tuesday before the Friday meal by calling the high school office at 732-8065.
No cancellations after 8 a.m. the day of the meal.
Chefs for this semester are Gerardo Bravo, Maryann Hoover, Mayra Lopez, Gustavo Ortiz, Bernardo Soto, Steve Uribe, Pamela Vongdeuane.
On the menu:
* Oct. 2 (reservations by Tuesday, Sept. 29): Chicken curry artichoke rice salad, dinner rolls, ice cream cake, beverages
* Oct. 9 (reservations by Tuesday, Oct. 6): Meat lasagna, watermelon spinach salad, poppy seed bow ties, Oreo cookie cheesecake, beverages
* Oct. 23 (reservations by Tuesday, Oct. 20): Oriental chicken thighs, broccoli casserole, apple blueberry cobbler, beverages
* Nov. 6 (reservations by Tuesday, Nov. 3): Pizza casserole, garlic vinaigrette, breadsticks with parmesan butter, praline chocolate dessert. beverages
* Nov. 20 (reservations by Tuesday, Nov. 17): Chicken tortilla soup, morning fruit salad, white chocolate lover's layer cake, beverages
* Dec. 4 (reservations by Tuesday, Dec. 1): Baked manicotti, tossed salad with Italian salad dressing, crusty French bread, lemon cheesecake bars, beverages
* Dec. 11 (reservations by Tuesday, Dec. 8): Seasoned pork loin roast, cheesy hash brown potato casserole, pimento peas and corn, chocolate truffle cheesecake, beverages