POCAHONTAS -- Officials say a hydrochloric acid leak caused by a broken valve has been contained at a city pool in Pocahontas in northern Iowa.
No one was injured and no evacuation was needed in Wednesday's incident.
About 250 gallons of acid poured out of a tank and a toxic vapor cloud formed just before noon.
Officials say the value on the tank was broken while workers were replacing a pump in a small building that houses the pool machinery. The workers escaped the building unharmed.
Officials say most of the acid went into a holding tank below the acid tank. The chemical was diluted by pumping it through the holding tank and the pool.