Our Savior's Lutheran Congregation of Rembrandt will celebrate its 135th anniversary
during the worship service on August 17 at 10:30 a.m. An anniversary coffee fellowship will follow the worship service.
On September 26, 1868, six men met to discuss the possibility of starting a Lutheran
congregation and the first general meeting of the congregation was held on November 7, 1868. The congregation was known as The Little Sioux Valley Norwegian Lutheran Congregation.
The first pastor to serve the congregation was Reverend N. Amlund. The original church structive was dedicated on May 22, 1887 and located about 3 miles northwest of the community of Rembrandt.
On January 8, 1910 The Saviour's English Lutheran Church of Rembrandt was formally organized and a new church building was erected in 1910 and used on September 25, 1910- Late in 1912 Rev. Lars Jensen began serving both congregations of Little Sioux Valley and The Saviour's English Lutheran.
On September 16, 1914 the members of Saviour's Lutheran were accepted as members of Little Sioux Valley.
A decision was made to build a new church in Rembrandt for the congregation and the first service in the new building was held on July 15, 1952. The name of the congregation was changed in March of 1961 to Our Savior's Lutheran Congregation. Our Savior's began to share a pastor with Immanuel Lutheran of rural Alta in 1968.
Our Savior's Lutheran is a member of the Western Iowa Synod of The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and is served by Pastor Durwood Clauson.