Lineup of events
Imagine a hall twinkling in the most ornate Christmas trees and wreaths you can imagine, the sound of local musicians performing traditional holiday standards, the smell of warm baked goods and rich soups, the joy of children meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus at a "snowy" North Pole Annex. Throw in a barn filled with baby animals to hug and hold, crafts and collections, a vast miniature train display, an auction of over 70 unique gift and decor items, children's arts and crafts, a sweet shop full of goodies and much more. Best part of all - admission is free!
Schedule of events for the Festival of Trees Saturday, November 23.
* 9 a.m. Festival doors open
* 9 a.m. Bake Sale
* 9-5 p.m. Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, share your Christmas wishes & get your photo taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus in Santa Land.
* 9-5 p.m. Live Entertainment - Local vocal, instrumental and dancers take stage, performing throughout the Festival.
* 9-5 p.m. Children's Art Corner - A fun spot for children to make their own holiday treasures, face painting, color on the wall mural.
* 9-5 p.m. Sweet Shop - The perfect spot to take a break and treat yourself to an assortment of sweets, delicious hot sandwiches and soups
* 9-5 p.m. Christmas Barn -Petting farm of baby animals
* 9-5 p.m. Holiday Market Place -Holiday Crafts and Art for Sale. Area crafters display their merchandise in a store like setting
* 10-3 p.m. Special holiday lunch is available. Collectibles displayed throughout the Festival
Silent Auction: Over 70 gift giving items to be awarded to the highest bidder.
* 4 p.m. Raffle drawing of the beautiful wreaths and trees; raffle tickets $2 a chance
All money raised goes towards the Resource Library within the Center for Women at Buena Vista Regional Medical Center.
The Festival of Trees Fund-raiser Project through the BVWMC Auxiliary would not be possible without the support of the regional community. The Christmas trees and wreaths have been designed & donated by these businesses and organizations. The Trees and Wreaths will be raffled at 4 p.m on Saturday, November 23, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Storm Lake.
Thirteen beautifully decor-ated trees and wreaths are being donated and designed by the following area businesses and organizations: Bomgaars; BVRMC Auxiliary (Gift Shop); BVRMC employees; Buena Vista Stationery and Printing; CASA organization (displayed at Floors,etc.); Fareway; Floors etc; Hoffman Floral & Candle Shop; Hy-Vee; Newell Good Samaritan Center; Tips to Toes; VFW 6172 Ladies Auxiliary (displayed at Melanders in Alta); & WEL Life (Alta).