Help emergency assistance to locate home
The Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in conjunction with Northwest Iowa Aging Association, will be handing out FREE special "emergency light bulbs" to area elderly population. This light can help emergency assistance quickly locate your home.
* The light provides a flashing signal that rapidly identifies your home.
* It can help reduce emergency response time
* Visible at night as far as 1.5 miles away
* Visible in the daytime up to 125 yards
* Can flash for two hours straight
* Fits any standard light socket
* Installs like a regular 60-watt light bulb in seconds.
* Is recognized by the National Crime Prevention Council
This light is activated by turning the light switch off and on twice. It is recommended to put the bulb in a socket on your front porch. The emergency beacon is guaranteed to last 2,000 hours, twice as long as a regular 60-watt bulb.
There is limited supply of FREE bulbs. If you did not receive one and would like to inquire about it, please call Deb at Northwest Iowa Aging Association, 1-800-242-5033, ext 34.