This year's nominees for Chamber of Commerce awards include a two-time Business Person of the Year, an entrepreneur nominated for two different categories and a host of other Storm Lake businesses and businesspeople vying to win one of five different honors.
Bonnie Phillips (two-time winner), Celia Knoffloch (a multiple-category nominee) and others will learn who was tops for 2001 Wednesday evening at Buena Vista University during the Chamber's annual banquet, and 19 different people and businesses are up for awards this year.
Nominees for each category are as follows:
* Business Person of the Year Nominees
* Bonnie Phillips, Sugar Bowl Gifts
* Denny Hartogh, Hy-Vee
* Celia Knoffloch, Floors Etc.
* New Business of the Year Nominees
* Erie Street Exchange
* Metcalf House
* Business Improvement Nominees
* Berg's Jewelry
* Farm Credit Services
* Floors Etc.
* Gingerbread House
* L & G Products
* Omni Photo/Radio Shack
* Ressler Drug
* Customer Service Award Nominees
* Brown's Shoe Fit - Israel Swanson
* Mike's Lawn Service - Les Wilhusen
* Omni Photo and Radio Shack - Nancy Sargent
* Chamber Involvement Nominees
* Cal Johnson
* Thayne Benz
* Gary Fulcher
* Norm Knoke