The Pilot-Tribune's Adopt-A-Family campaign in Storm Lake is going well, with 60 families already chosen to receive a personalized basket to brighten their Christmas, but a number of needy families remain on the list, and more are coming in daily.
Individuals, families, classes, churches, clubs, businesses and others are invited to adopt a needy Buena Vista County family to provide a special package for a holiday meal they otherwise might not be able to have. Many people also include small gifts, gift certificates or personal items.
The program, beginning its thirteenth year in Storm Lake, is co-administrated by Pilot-Tribune Editor Dana Larsen and Upper Des Moines Opportunity Inc. Director Joan Spooner.
Call 732-1757 to make an adoption from the following coded list. Our operators will be able to provide more information on the families and how to participate.
16. Couple with four children: Boy - 2, Boy-7, Boy-9, Girl-13
17. Couple with four children: Boy -13, Girl-11, Boy-8, Boy-5
19. Disabled couple: ages 49, 14
21. Elderly couple: ages 71 and 55
29. Elderly man: age 68
30. Elderly man: age 62
34. Disabled man: age 43
36. Couple with four children: Boy-6, Girl-4, Twin Girls-18 months
37. Couple with four children: Boy-10, Boy-9, Girl-6, Girl-5
68. Couple with five children: Girl- 15, Boy-13, Girl-10, Girl-9, Boy-7
71. Couple with three children: Boy-11, Girl-9, Boy-4
74. Couple with four children: Girl-15, Boy-14, Girl-12, Boy-10