The Buena Vista University Concert Choir announced its performance schedule for 2001-2002.
Ninety-seven students from across the United States have begun preparations for performances this season. All concerts are free and open to the public, except the Madrigal Dinners.
The remaining dates for the Concert Choir and Vistas Chamber Choir include:
* Oct. 7, 4 p.m., Schaller Memorial Chapel - Combined concert with BVU Concert Band featuring patriotic favorites. Reception follows.
* Nov. 18, 4 p.m., Schaller Memorial Chapel - Fall Major Works Concert, featuring "Lord Nelson Mass" with orchestra, chorus and soloists and seasonal Christmas music.
* Dec. 9, 1 and 5:30 p.m. - Annual BVU Madrigal Dinners in the ballroom at Siebens Forum. Tickets go on sale Oct. 10. For information call the BVU music department at 749-2193.
* March 1-3 - Annual BVU Choir Tour with performances in Chicago and Northwestern University in Evanston.
* April 8, 4 p.m., Schaller Memorial Chapel - Spring Major Works Concert.
* May 1-2, 7:30 p.m., Anderson Auditorium - Vistas Jazz Shows each night.
* May 12, 3 p.m. - University Choir Pops Concert in the Park.