The Arcade Beauty Salon has been located in the Colonial Arcade Building at 620 Michigan for the past 37 years. Due to the purchase of the building by Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Ina Rae Shannon, owner of the salon, has moved her business to 201 Flindt Drive, Suite 1, which is on the south side of the Osegaro Laundromat Building, which was formerly occupied by Cherokee Hearing Aid. Appointments can be made by calling 732-4092 or 299-1389. The salon is closed on Mondays.
The Arcade Beauty Salon has been an established Storm Lake salon for more than 37 years. Former owner, Gladys Larsen of Alta, sold the salon to Shannon in 1983. Before being at the Colonial Arcade location, the salon was known as the Bradford Beauty Salon and was located in the former Bradford Hotel, now MetaBank. They were there from 1969 to 1971. Before that the salon was known as Lake Avenue located above Grahams Department Store which is now The Buckle. It was her that Ina Rae Shannon came to work for Gladys Larsen in 1967.
Shannon is a graduate of the Ellis Beauty School in Sioux City. Shannon and her husband Paul, who is employed by Ag Partners in Alta are the parents of two sons; Sheridan and his wife Tina of Truesdale and Troy and his wife Tiffany of Urbandale. The family also includes three grandchildren, Conner, Trinity and Tyla.