The Storm Lake High School Kreative Kitchen is open for the second semester.
The Kitchen is under the management of instructor Becky Stille; the cooks are made up of students from the creative foods class.
The students learn not only to prepare meals but how to plan, shop and serve the meals. Meals will be served to the public and you're invited. Meals will be served in the food room at SLHS (Room 18) at 12:10 p.m. Cost for the meals is $5, on some Thursdays and some Fridays. Please read the dates carefully! Reserve your spot by noon on Tuesday before the meal by calling the high school office at 732-8065.
No cancellations after 8 a.m. the day of the meal.
Chefs for this semester are Marco Valle, Brenda Deniz, Chris Rios, Katie Hott, Brian Gomez, Lorena Ruiz, Cristian Andrade, Ale Saldan, Jesus Banda, Maria Hernandez, Eddie De La Paz, Amanda Lee, Kenzie Rhode.
On the menu:
* Friday, Feb. 6 (reservations by Tuesday, Feb. 3): Jambalaya, cornbread with honey butter, cream puffs with hazelnut creme filling
* Friday, Feb. 20 (reservations by Tuesday, Feb. 17): Curried carrot soup, whole wheat rolls, Caesar salad with homemade garlic croutons, tin roof fudge pie
* Thursday, Feb. 26 (reservations by Tuesday, Feb. 24): Chicken manicotti, pull-apart bacon bread, gorgonzola and toasted walnut salad, chocolate chip cheesecake bars
* Friday, March 6 (reservations by Tuesday, March 3): Chicken-cheese stuffed potatoes, cheddar cheese soup, cheddar bread twists, cookie pizza cake
* Thursday, March 12 (reservations by Tuesday, March 10): Warm Thai pork salad with Asian ginger dressing, French onion pan rolls, chocolate mousse
* Friday, March 20 (reservations by Tuesday, March 17): Authentic English pastry, baked apple rings, marinated English pea salad, sticky toffee pudding
* Friday, April 3 (reservations by Tuesday, March 31): Bombolina bakes chicken breast, toasted garlic bread, tossed salad with Italian dressing, almond chocolate torte
* Friday, April 17 (reservations by Tuesday, April 14): Turkey fajitas, green chili rice, frijoles, fruity cake bowls
* Thursday, April 23 (reservations by Tuesday, April 21): Honey chicken teriyaki, old-fashioned lemon bread, all-American mini apple pie
* Friday, May 1 (reservations by Tuesday, April 28): Apple-cherry pork chops, Greek-style potatoes, brown sugar carrots, peanutty ice cream pie
* Thursday, May 7 (reservations by Tuesday, May 5): Rio Grande quesadillas, Southwestern salad, berry pavlova
* Friday, May 15 (reservations by Tuesday, May 12): Fruited chicken curry, salad with raspberry vinaigrette, cheddar bay biscuits, chocolate bundt cake.