There will soon be an Alta Library Friends (ALF) group that will promote the library. Everyone is invited to be a part of the group and take part in the planned programs.
ALF will meet every other moth to provide programming for all ages and to promote literacy in the community.,
"We're excited about this," said Deb Demers, co-chair of the new group. "We want people to get acquainted with our library and we're looking for people to share our mission."
The mission of ALF is to "maintain and improve the quality of life for all citizens of our community by providing resources that contribute and enhance their knowledge and enjoyment in a positive manner."
The Alta library, commented Demers, is a great place to be and has so much to offer. The library is meant to be shared and offering programs, it is hoped, will bring more people through the doors to see for themselves what is offered.
ALF events for 2008-09
All activities are on Sunday afternoons, 3-5 p.m. at the library.
* Sept. 14 - Jo Cebuhar, author of "Last Things First, Just In Case... The Practical Guide to Living Wills Durable Powers of Attorney For Health Care". There will also be a library scavenger hunt
* Nov. 2 - Area crafters share their talents in time for Christmas. Also, recognize the first Alta baby born during "Children's Book Week."
* Jan. 11 - Comfort foods: area cooks share soup recipes for all to try
* March 1 - Internet for beginners
* April 26 - Book Buckets and Library Board Recognition Day
Refreshments will be served at all events.
Further information regarding the Alta Library Friends contact a library board member, Sue Pedersen at the library or Deb Demers or Deb Mortensen, chairs.