Join "Catch the Reading Bug!" this summer at the Storm Lake Public Library and discover the amazing world of insects.
The program, for independent readers, is already under way with children reading books and recording the titles and authors from now until the July 25 deadline.
A second independent reader program sponsored by Barnes and Noble is available to those interested. Elisha Karr of Barnes and Noble will visit the library on July 25 to hand out books to those who participated. It is not too late to start for those who want to read for incentives. Forms are available at the library.
There are special programs for school-age kids each Friday at 10:30 a.m. with a noon movie following the program.
* July 11 - honeybees will be featured with "Bee Movie" playing at noon.
* July 18 - Lisa Muesburger, Buena Vista County Naturalist, presents "Lisa's Bugs" with "Bug's Life" playing at noon.
* July 25 - everyone will enjoy summer bugs with "Antz" playing at noon.
* Aug. 1 - Treasure Village Children's play, "Raggedy Ann" will be presented along with prizes for top readers.
For middle and high school students, there will be three programs:
* July 9 - Duct Tape Workshop, 11:30 a.m.
* July 23 - Altered T-Shirt Workshop, 11:30 a.m.
* July 31 - Tech Night, 6 p.m.
Preschool story time resumes Tuesday, July 8 at 10:30 a.m. for those ages 3-5, featuring stories, music and crafts. Children under 3 are invited to Book Babies on Saturday, July 12 at 10:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the library at 732-8026.