Updates from the Buena Vista County Sheriff's office and the Storm Lake Police Department.
* On April 21, at approximately 8:58 pm, Storm Lake Police Officers responded to a call reference a custody dispute at 412 Superior.
Upon investigation, police allege Amanda Denise Dibiase, 24, Storm Lake, and Stacey Lea Glass, 25, Storm Lake, were arguing over custody of children belonging to Dibiase and Glass' boyfriend.
Dibiase and Glass were transported to the Buena Vista County Jail where they were both charged with Disorderly Conduct (simple misdemeanor) and held on a $300 bond.
* On April 17, at approximately 5 p.m., Storm Lake Police Officers responded to 131 Kenzy St to locate a wanted subject.
At 131 Kenzy, police located Germain Coronel, 19, Storm Lake, on a Failure to Appear warrant out of Buena Vista County. The warrant was issued after Coronel failed to appear in court for original charge of driving while suspended. Coronel was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Buena Vista County Jail where he was held on $200 bond.
Burglary and theft
* On April 19, a burglary to a residence at 1409 Seneca St. was reported. The total value of the items reported missing and damages was estimated at $141.
* On April 21, a theft of miscellaneous cosmetic items from 210 Highway St.in Storm Lake was reported. The items were valued at $1,200.
* On April 22, at approximately 5:44 p.m., at the intersection of Milwaukee Avenue and Oneida Street in Storm Lake, a vehicle driven by Sivone Manatham, Storm Lake, was involved in an accident with another vehicle driven by Sara Hotchkin of Storm Lake. The two vehicles collided causing total damages estimated at $600. Manatham was cited for Following Too Close.
* On Sunday, April 20, at approximately 12:51 a.m. Storm Lake Police received an anonymous complaint of a strong odor of burnt marijuana coming from 416 Michigan St, #1 in Storm Lake.
Upon arrival officers made contact with the tenant in Apartment #1, identified as Logan Michael Davis, 18, Storm Lake. Davis consented to a search of his residence. During the search, officers located and seized approximately 6 grams of marijuana and several smoking devices used to smoke marijuana.
Davis was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Buena Vista County Jail was he was charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance (serious misdemeanor) and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (simple misdemeanor).
Davis was held on a $1,300 bond.
* On Saturday, April 19, at approximately 8:31 p.m. Storm Lake Police received a report that a woman's estranged husband had followed her to her residence and was standing outside her vehicle attempting to get her male friend to step out of the vehicle and fight.
Officers responded to 716 Ontario St. and located the suspect, identified as Arturo Castro, age 55 of Storm Lake, behind the residence.
Following an investigation, officers arrested Castro and transported him to the Buena Vista County Jail where he was charged with Disorderly Conduct (simple misdemeanor). Castro was held on a $300 bond.
* On Sunday, April 20, at approximately 3:46 a.m Storm Lake Police Officers responded to the 200 block of Highway St. on a report of a male subject trying to open the door to the reporting party's vehicle.
Upon arrival, officers located a subject matching the suspect description in the 800 block of E 1st St. Officers approached the subject, later identified as Robert Rolon, 18, Storm Lake, at which time the subject fled on foot. Officers pursued the suspect on foot, and after a brief struggle, Rolon was taken into custody.
Upon investigation, officers allege Rolon was extremely intoxicated and became disoriented while walking home. Rolon was transported to the Buena vista County Jail where he was charged with Public Intoxication and Interference With Official Acts, both simple misdemeanors. He was booked in and held on a $600 bond.