February was national heart month. Students at North Elementary participated in the American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart. North Students raised $1,153 for the American Heart Association. The top fund raisers are Sierra Williams $150, Neftali Castillo $127 and Karlee Wiegert $103.
By taking part in the Jump Rope for Heart, students have helped many people and in many ways:
* They are funding life saving research for Heart Disease and Stroke. Heart disease and stroke are America's number one and number three killers and touch all of our lives.
* The students are helping support the Jump Rope and Hoops for Heart programs for other schools.
* They are helping children and adolescents from 6-19 that are considered overweight or obese. Obesity increases a person's risk for heart disease, Type II diabetes, stroke and many other chronic illnesses and leads to higher health care costs.
* They are helping promote healthy habits and passing the information onto there family's to enjoy for the rest of their lives.
* They are also helping with the educations of CPR in their community.
North School thanks Central Bank of Storm Lake for their participation in this event.