Annual Speech Spectacular to be held for the public on Sunday at the Roxy
Lindsey Peterson and Kily Meyers earned the opportunity to perform their group mime piece, "Pie Baking Contest" at All-State Feb. 16 in Ames. They received word of this honor following their top rated performance at the state contest held Feb. 2.
Five other groups earned top ratings at the state contests but will not advance.
Those groups are:
* Choral Reading - "Battle of the Sexes" - Participants: Bekka Weber, Ben Rosenthal, Bridget Murillo, Brittany Corlew, Chelsea Brugman, Chelsey Petersen, Cody Nesbitt, Hannah Fordyce, Jack Mills, Jaimie Stevicks, Jared Buckendahl, Jenna Harms, Kathleen Arnts, Nicole Connolly, Robert Maharry.
* Radio Broadcasting - Participants: Anne Curbow, Brady Randall, Hannah Fordyce, Jared Buckendahl, Robert Maharry, Sarah Baxter, Schuyler Radke, Scott Radke, Bridget Murillo.
* Group Improvisation - Participants: Ben Rosenthal, Chelsey Petersen, Cody Nesbitt
* Group Mime - "Open Heart Problems" - Participants: Collean Smith, Shelby Meyer.
* Ensemble - "Thistle Bloom" - Participants: Kayla Nickolisen and Brittany Corlew.
Brad Nesbitt is the speech coach. He is being assisted by Laurie Miller and Derek Radke.
Speech Spectacular will be held Sunday at the Roxy Theatre, 2-4 p.m. There will be a $2 admission. Everyone is invited to attend this entertaining afternoon; please support these speech students.