The Storm Lake High School Kreative Kitchen is open once again.
The Kitchen is under the management of instructor Becky Stille; the cooks are made up of students from the creative foods class.
The students learn not only to prepare meals but how to plan, shop and serve the meals. A cornucopia of meals will be served to the public starting Sept. 14.
All meals will be served in the food room at SLHS (Room 18) at 12:10 p.m. Cost for the meals is $5. Please reserve your spot by noon on Wednesday before the Friday meal by calling the high school office at 732-8065.
No cancelations after 8 a.m. the day of the meal.
Chefs for this semester are Eddie Banuelos, David Brady, Michaela Brungardt, Nichol Buckner, Melanie Gonzalez, Terecita Grimaldo, Lauren Hall, Abel Medina, Dak Ngut, Javier Rodriguez, Sacramento Sanchez, Chantel Younie and Flor Maria Zavala.
On the menu:
* Sept. 14 (reservations by Wednesday, Sept. 12): Taco salad, fruit medley (seasonal fruit), pear melba dumplings with ice cream.
* Sept. 21 (reservations by Wednesday, Sept. 19): Chicken fajitas, potluck rice pilaf, apple lettuce salad, carrot cheesecake.
* Oct. 12 (reservations by Wednesday, Oct. 10): Shrimp calzones, spinach berry salad with dressing, marble chiffon cake with ice cream.
* Nov. 2 (reservations by Wednesday, Oct. 31: Chicken lasagna, ensalada mista, cheese garlic bread, raspberry delight.
* Nov. 9 (reservations by Wednesday, Nov. 7): Meatball slider, potato chips, dill pickle spear, relish tray, white chip lemon streusel bars.
* Nov. 30 (reservations by Wednesday, Nov. 28): Barbeque chicken pizza, fruit dip with apples and grapes, chocolate mint layer cake.
* Dec. 7 (reservations by Wednesday, Dec. 5): Rosemary pork loin roast, red potatoes with beans, corn muffins, banana layer cake with caramel cream and pecans.