A Guide to All the Labor Day Weekend Fun in SL
The Labor Day Weekend is quickly approaching and so are a number of events to celebrate - from pro wrestling to classic cars, crafts to barbecue! Here's a schedule of events.
Friday, Sept. 1
* R&R Entertainment presenting Rock 'N Roll Wrestling on the street at Brewsters, 225 Railroad St., starting at 7 p.m. A live band, dance, and beer garden will follow. Proceeds go to Santa's Castle. Tickets at Brewsters.
Saturday, Sept. 2:
* 7 -10:30 a.m. Lions Club sponsoring Annual Pancake & Sausage Breakfast at the Chautauqua Park Shelter House. $4 for adults, $3 for ages 5 to 12, and 5 and under is free.
* 5:30 p.m. Car Cruise from K.C. Hall to B.V. County Fairgrounds (will travel as a group to go to burn out)
* 6 - 8 p.m. Burnout at B.V. County Fairgrounds (No Cost! Just Fun! Bring your tires and roast 'em!)
* 6 p.m. Pork Burgers, chips and soda at the K.C. Hall, $3
* 8 - 11 p.m. D.J. Dance at K.C. Hall
Sunday, Sept. 3
* Noon - 4 p.m. Antique Car Show sponsored by Knights of Columbus. Show & Shine from noon - 2 p.m., Judging from 2 - 3 p.m. and trophies will be given from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
* Noon - 4 p.m. Hot Air Balloon Ride Raffle Tickets for sale
* Noon - 4 p.m. Craft Fair
* Noon - 4 p.m. Sky High Bounce Inflatables
* Noon - 4 p.m. Food in the park - Turkey Filets, Pork Burgers, Homemade Egg Rolls, Funnel Cakes, Mini Donuts, Kettle Korn, Sno Cones and Cinnamon Roasted Peanuts
* 1:30 - 2:30 p.m . Springer Gymnastics show
* 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Clint Hughes & Others/ Martial Arts
* 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. Elizabeth Lam
* 2:45 - 4:00 p.m. Springer Gymnastics
* 4 p.m. Drawing for the winner of the Hot Air Balloon Ride with Santa