The first Veteran's Appreciation Days in the area will be held Saturday, June 10, from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Cherokee County Fairgrounds. Several Veteran Administration offices will be represented at the event:
* Sioux Falls VA Hospital: will have a machine to create photo ID's for veterans and to register new clients. This will be the first time for this service in the region.
* Des Moines VA Regional Office: to answer questions on disability claims.
* Camp Dodge Veteran Office: Information on the new Veteran Cemetery in Iowa.
* American Legion and Vietnam Veterans of America Service Representatives: to do disability claims.
* Military Organizations including the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines will be on site with some of their equipment, along with their Guard and Reserve units.
* The American Legion, Legion Riders, VFW and Vietnam Veterans of America Organizations with their programs will also be available.
* Operation Military Kids: help for kids whose parents are deployed.
* POW/MIA table and information, NW Iowa Vietnam Healing Wall, food and a lot of fun.
* Cherokee Civil War Artillery Battery.
Many more activities and opportunities for area veterans and their families will be included.
Three concerts will be held at the Cherokee Bowl: Friday night, 9 p.m., "Cuz'n Eddie". Saturday night, 8 p.m., "Going Nowhere". Saturday June 1, "Top Down" at 8 p.m. All tickets are $5.
Proceeds help to raise money for bringing the Vietnam Healing Wall to Cherokee in September 2007.
For more information contact: Dana C. Evans, Cherokee County Veteran Affairs Director, 712-225-6704, 712-282-4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.