Each Wednesday a different pastor from the Storm Lake community will deliver a message related to the theme, "Sounds of the Passion," as the popular annual Sermons Ala Carte events begin this week.
All services are held at Lakeside Presbyterian Church. The worship service lasts from 12:05-12:30 p.m. with lunch served in the dining room after each event for $4. An "express" serving line is available for those who need to return to work by 1 p.m.
The Sermons Ala Carte topics and presenters are as follows:
* Wednesday, March 1 - "The Sound of Weeping Over Jesus' Suffering", Luke 23:26-31, The Rev. Jamie Cutler, United Methodist Church
* Wednesday, March 8 - "The Crowing of the Cock Awakening Peter", Luke 22:54-62, The Rev. Tom Hinshaw, First Baptist Church
* Wednesday, March 15 - "The Clatter of Coins Expressing Juda's Regret", Matthew 27:3-5, The Rev. Loren Carlson, Faith Bible Christian Outreach
* Wednesday, March 22 - "The Shout of the Crowd, 'Crucify Him!'", Matthew 27:15-23, The Rev. Jack Barber, Church of Christ
* Wednesday, March 29 - "The Splash of Water by Indecisive Pilate," Matthew 27:24-26, presenter to be named at a later date
* Wednesday, April 5 - "The Rattle of Dice by Soldiers Beneath the Cross," Matthew 27:32-37, The Rev. Mark Youngquist, St. Mark Lutheran Church
* Wednesday, April 14 - Community Good Friday Service - "The Sounds of Victory - The Tearing of the Curtain, The Rocks Splitting, The Tombs Opened", Matthew 27:45-54, presenter to be named at a later date