The Storm Lake Fire Department responded to a home at 6009 Redwood Drive for a fire in the attic shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday.
Firefighters observed smoke coming from the attic vents of the residence and located a fire in the wall in the second floor bathroom. The fire was extinguished and the home was ventilated for smoke.
An investigation at the scene determined the cause of the fire was an overheated chimney flue in a concealed wall space. Damage to the home is estimated at $5,000.
There were no injuries reported and the fire department remained on the scene for approximately two hours.
The fire department was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.