St. Mary's High School sent eight teams to State Speech Large Group competition on Feb. 4. Four of those groups received one ratings, with one team heading to ISU for All-State Saturday. The Ensemble Acting group of seniors Tyrel Drey and Maggie Lange received two nominations for the All-State Festival for their presentation of "Scorned," but did not qualify to perform. However, they will be honored for their nomination.
Performing at state competition and their ratings were:
* Improv freshmen team: Andy Pickhinke, Tyler Netsch, Brendan Smith, straight ones.
* Choral reading, varsity team: Maggie Lange, Tyrel Drey, Becky Lenhart, Justin Cullen, Emily Godfredson, Abby Richardson, Colleen Smith, Phil Becker, Angie Wells, Annette Frank, mixed ones
* Readers theatre: Angie Wells, Janie Imming, Liz Mooney, Camille Pickhinke, Nicholette Luhmann, Rylee Paterson, Jessica Lussman, mixed ones.
* Ensemble acting: Maggie Lange and Tyrel Drey, straight ones.
* Improv: Jessica Lussman and Abby Stuckel, straight twos.
* Improv: Justin Cullen and Erin Broich, straight twos.
* Mime: Jenny Welch and Nicholette Luhmann, mixed twos
* Radio: Erin Broich, Christine Pudenz and Rylee Paterson