[Masthead] Fair ~ 62°F  
High: 71°F ~ Low: 42°F
Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014

Heater in home blamed for smoke odor

Thursday, March 22, 2001

The Storm Lake Fire Department responded to 303 Lake Avenue shortly after 8:15 p.m. Friday, in reference to a report of an odor of smoke in the home.

Firefighters were advised by the occupants of the residents that the second floor smoke detectors had activated. Members of the fire department entered the home and determined an electric baseboard heater on the second floor had inadvertently been turned up to an excessively high temperature, causing an odor to come from the heating unit.

The fire department determined there was no damage to the residence and remained on the scene for approximately 20 minutes.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.