The Buena Vista County Extension, in partnership with Iowa State University, provides education and information to help the people of Buena Vista County become the best.
The following achievements have been compiled for the year 2000, according to a report released this week:
* Served farmers and agribusinesses with research-based education.
* Cooperated with the area media to bring immediate, up-to-date information to farmers, 4-H members and the community.
* Provided ISU students and the public free access to the World Wide Web at their Computer Information Connection station.
* Engaged 164 youth in six hours of biotechnology learning.
* Shared youth development resources and techniques with more than 152 adult volunteers and teachers.
* Trained 336 Pesticide Applicators and 55 Manure Applicators.
* Reached 1,412 youth with special youth programs.
* Provided parents of elementary children with "Parenting Pipeline."
* Served 260 youth through 4-H and community-based programs.
* Participated in the "Partners in Excellence Program" with Storm Lake East fourth grade.
* Trained 38 teachers in "Growing in the Garden" curriculum, who in turn reached 225 youth.