Storm Lake Kiwanis Beavers will be holding their 14th Annual Fishing Day on Saturday, May 21 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Everyone is invited to take part in one of the year's most exciting days on the lake.
Registration for the tournament will be at Storm Lake Access & Marina and Lakeside Marina on the day of the event.
Cost for the fishing day is $10 for adults, $5 for children 15 and under, or $15 per family with kids.
Prizes will be given for the longest walleye: 1st place - $300, 2nd place - $120, and 3rd place - $80. For heaviest catfish: 1st prize - $70, 2nd place - $50, and 3rd place - $30. Prizes will be gift certificates and cash.
Rules for the Fishing Day are as follows:
* 1. All fish must be weighed and measured by 3 p.m. at Storm Lake Access & Marina, west side of the lake.
* 2. The rules will be interpreted solely by the tournament committee and all decisions will be final.
* 3. Entry fees are non-refundable. One prize per person.
* 4. Tournament hours are from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. and all fish must be caught in Storm Lake by rod and reel. All entrants must check in at registration sites. All laws of the State of Iowa are applicable and will apply.
* 5. Registration on tournament day from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
* 6. All walleye will be released immediately after measuring... a walleye that the committee rules not able to swim away will be disqualified. Anglers taking part in competition need a system to keep walleyes alive.
Any registration money over $1,250 will be split by the Kiwanis and winners. Proceeds from the annual tournament go to help the Kiwanians with their community programs.
For additional information, call Dennis Requist at 732-6078.