Brightening the gray morning for the Alta Kiwanis, Sherry Anderson, Spanish teacher at Alta, chatted about the trip to Mexico that she and five students will take in June. The talk followed a breakfast of quiche, muffin and orange and the speaker was welcomed by the voices of 15 in song.
President Maharry presided over the following bits of business:
1. Discussion of prospective new members.
2. Thanks to those who helped pick up cans and bottles Friday morning.
3. The ditches will be cleaned May 7. The group will meet at the south end of the community center at 8.
4. Division Leadership training is scheduled for May 7 from 8:30 to 12:30. President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer are urged to attend. The cost is $10.
5. We have been asked to assist with Senior Recognition Program May 19 at 7 p.m. We will provide cookies and bars and some workers
6. We have been asked to sell raffle tickets for the playhouse for the Children's Miracle Network. The drawing is scheduled for May 31. Tickets are $5 or 3 for $10.
7. Plans are finalizing for sending a student to Camp Okay.
8. Service awards will be presented at the 8th grade graduation.
9. One more visit from PIE.
10. A nominating committee was named: Merrill Rehnstrom and Woodrow Clausen have been asked to prepare a slate for Vice President, Secretary and one board member.
The meeting was adjourned with the Pledge of Allegiance.