* PILOT-TRIBUNE FROSTBUSTER - The Pilot sponsors the opening race of the season at Buena Vista Raceway, Alta. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
* NOAH'S REMARKABLE VOYAGE - Concordia School presents a poetic drama based on the story of Noah's Ark, Friday, April 22, at the school (402 Lake Ave., Storm Lake). Free admission, public is welcome.
* INSIGHTS INTO THE OMAHA CULTURE - Saturday, April 23, 7:30 p.m., Sanford Museum, Cherokee. Presented by Wynema Morris, member of the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska and Iowa, Staff Researcher for the Omaha Tribal Historical Research Project. Free admission.
* BOARD OF DIRECTORS IN CONCERT- Saturday, April 23, 9 p.m. Sponsored by Storm Lake Area Arts Council. Tickets $10. Call 732-7032 for advance tickets.
* IOWA ARTISTS ANNUAL ART SHOW - Saturday, April 23, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Witter Gallery. General public welcome to see show from 1 to 3 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
* PLANT FAIR - Saturday, April 23, Prairie Pedlar, Odeboldt, 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Jack and Jane Hogue will have several speakers and a short program on plants . Lunch will be available on grounds. Call 668-4840 for more information.
* OPEN HOUSE AT BV COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY - Sunday, April 24, 1:30 p.m. Annual Meeting, 2-4 p.m. Open House to the public, Buena Vista County Historical Society. Mill Creek people artifacts displayed in annual theme exhibit at the museum in Storm Lake. Free admission.
* PIANIST LORIE LANE AND POP CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - Saturday, April 30, Clay County Regional Events Center. Call 262-4554. Tickets may be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com.
* EDGEFEST- Saturday, May 7, 5-11 p.m. , Sunset Park. Five alternative rock bands in a fundraiser event, along with arts and crafts and food vendors. A rain date of Saturday, May 14 has been set.