* Santa's Castle Open - Don't miss the all-new display of holiday charm and priceless animation that makes Storm Lake "The Christmas City." Open 1-4 & 6-8 Saturday and Sunday, and 6-8 p.m. weekdays in the former Carnegie Library across from the BV County Courthouse. Small entry fee.
* Laurens Festival of Trees - Open Dec. 4-31 at the Laurens Methodist Church, 1-8 p.m. daily. 35 trees decorated, themed "Christmas Around the World."
* Picnic in December - A special picnic supper is available at Lakeshore Cafe to take home or dine in, December 9. Proceeds go to Santa's Castle.
* On Television - Former Okoboji Community Theater actress Elizabeth Mitchell appears in "3- "The Dale Earnhardt Story" as Teresa Earnhardt on ESPN, premiering Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. She also appears on "Good Fences" on Showtime and "Boston Legal" on ABC. Mitchell starred in the Okoboji productions of "Tribute" and "A Funny Thing Happened." She made her major movie premier in "Santa Clause 2."
* Advent Hymn Festival - Sunday, Dec. 12, 11 a.m., Lakeside Presbyterian Church, church musicians with Barb Wells, featured organist,special readings.
* Asian Community Christmas Party - Sunday, Dec. 12, starting at 5:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. A potluck dinner will be held at 6 p.m. (Bring a hot dish, Southeast Asian dish, salad or dessert and your table service). A Christmas Celebration will be held at 7 p.m. This will include a Southeast Asian Christmas story, children's story, Christmas carols, and Santa Claus. Lakeside Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall. Sponsored by Lakeside Presbyterian Church, St. Mark Lutheran Church and United Methodist Church, with Hi-Noon Kiwanis.
* Cherokee Symphony - Christmas Concert - Dec. 12, 4 p.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 300 E. Bow, Cherokee. Wit two bell choirs. Admission $7 at the door.
* SLHS Holiday Concert - December 13, the band, orchestra and choir offer their first public performance of the school year. 7:30 p.m., free.
* Denver & The Mile High Orchestra - Tickets are available now for a big band/jazz concert with a Christian message from this nationally-known group. Summit Evangelical Free Church in Alta, Dec. 19, 7 p.m. Tickets $7, call 200-2200.
* 5th Annual Tour of Lights for Senior Citizens - Thurs., December 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. Enjoy Storm Lake's Holiday Lights from a warm and comfortable Excel coach. The tour will end at the Middle School where the Storm Lake High School speech students will entertain, with hot chocolate and cookies. Seating is limited. Bus is not handicap accessible. Call CommUNITY Education at 732-5711 for pickup locations and to preregister. Sponsored by Hultgrens-Gerlach, Inc.