Flu vaccines available in Storm Lake
Trimark Physicians Group/Buena Vista Clinic
Trimark Physicians Group Offices of Buena Vista Clinic and Family Health Center now have a limited supply of flu vaccine. This is for children ages six to 23 months, people 65 and older, or people that have heart, kidney, lung disease or diabetes. Appointments started Friday, December 3. Call for appointments now at Buena Vista Clinic, phone 732-5030 or Family Health Center at 732-6650.
Buena Vista County Public Health & Home Care
Buena Vista County Public Health & Home Care will be holding a flu clinic on Saturday, December 11 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the AEA building, 824 Flindt Drive, Storm Lake. This flu clinic will be the only public flu clinic we will be offering in Buena Vista County this year.
Priority groups for vaccination with inactivated influenza vaccine this season is:
* all children aged 6-23 months
* adults aged 65 and older
* person aged 2-64 with underlying chronic medical conditions
* all women who will be pregnant during the flu season
* residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities
* children 6 months-18 years of age on chronic aspirin therapy
* health care workers with direct patient care
* out-of-home caregivers and household contacts of children aged up to six months
In order to be eligible for the vaccine, you must meet eligibility criteria listed above. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please bring your current medications with you to the clinic and a nurse will discuss your health status with you.
There is a limited number of vaccine available, and it will be administered on a first come first serve basis.
Cost of the vaccine will be $15, or bring your Medicare part B card to the clinic.