[Masthead] Overcast ~ 20°F  
Feels like: 13°F
Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014

Carbon monoxide detector malfunctions at AmeriHost Inn

Thursday, January 25, 2001

The Storm Lake Fire Department was dispatched to the Amerihost Inn, 1726 North Lake Avenue, shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters located a carbon monoxide detector alarm activated in the boiler room located on the first floor in the center section of the facility. Firefighters, working in conjunction with personnel from Alliant Energy, determined the alarm was due to a malfunction and there was no danger present to the building.

No one had to be evacuated from the motel and firefighters left the scene at approximately 11 a.m.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.